BobBski 2016

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's everything loaded up and secured.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 41
Grilled pepperjack cheese and ham sammys for supper.  Guess what folks, the smoke alarm works  :D :p  Guess the butter smoked more than it liked.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 19
Just did a finalized slide show of my build and posted to YouTube... I'm not a commercial channel, just use it to save little tidbit video clips I make along the way so can delete from my phone.  All the best everybody.

Bob, you crack me up!! Smoke alarms work, LOL!!!!

reminds me of the bat in Ferngully
OOp, gravity works! *thump*

Hey Highdesertranger...I got dinner tonight lol
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 22
Bob, that is a very unattractive fish. Hopefully it tastes better than it looks.

Queen said:
Bob, that is a very unattractive fish. Hopefully it tastes better than it looks.

Nothing like fresh catfish, hush puppies and sweet tea :)

catfish are ugly, but man are they good! Bob, your are just living the life!

And yes, I do have a throne...
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 36
Very sturdy, supports 500 lb person, on 3 legs.  Very stable and comfy as it is standard sized seat.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 24
Uses plastic bags (shopping bags work).  The bag is clamped down by the seat and is supported by a mesh net.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 16
And folds down to an easily storable briefcase size.  Mine stores completely under the kitchen counter...unseen and not underfoot.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 15
Remembering and thinking of my wife Tammy today, it's her birthday.  We lost her to illness a few months back.  She was my best friend and we shared the retirement dream of getting rid of everything we own and becoming vagabonds.  If she was with me, we wouldn't be in a converted cargo van though  :p  She made me promise to keep that dream, which I did.  It's as great as we knew it would be lady of my life.  You're with us always and are forever loved.  Birthdays in Heaven gotta be great.  Forever my love, I miss you.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    18.9 KB · Views: 146
The girls say it's cream cheese and bagel breakfast time.  They're not much for coffee though.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 16
Aww, Bob, I'm sorry about your wife. I can feel the love in what you wrote.

Happy Heavenly Birthday to Tammy. ((((Hugs))))) to you Bob. If you ever need an ear. I'm here. 6 years out this November. The missing never ends, but the pain does get better. Hang in there. You inspire me to get moving to get on the road. Love your van.

Good morning from Clear Lake Michigan.  A great start to the day, chipmunks chirping and coffee is hot.  Life is good.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    149.6 KB · Views: 15
Question: My understanding is that floor to roof height is 6 feet. Is that measured from the "ribs" or from the flat sheet metal area? Thank you in advance.

One Awesome Inch said:
Question: My understanding is that floor to roof height is 6 feet. Is that measured from the "ribs" or from the flat sheet metal area? Thank you in advance.

I'll break out the tape tomorrow and measure.  I filled in the low portions on the floor wit insulation to make the floor all even.  I used Fords thin but very strong/durable cargo floor protection.  I was concerned about not being able to stand.  But, at 5'8" I can stand fully erect with 3.5" to spare to the bottom portion of the ceiling cross members.  I don't plan on being anywhere where temps are extreme one way or another.  I've been very comfortable in 90 F degrees with window cracked 1" and Fantastic fan on low/suck.  Really creates a breeze.  Have also been very comfortable on nights down to 40 F.  No heater while sleeping but warm up before sleep and when wake up.