BobBski 2016

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 200 mile move got the good weather....jury still out on the fish.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    169.1 KB · Views: 18
Lines rebaited and cast out, girls played out, van's clean, batteries fully charged....time for a sit down and a fresh French pressed cuppa.  Life is good
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    210.4 KB · Views: 18
BobBski said:
And yes, I do have a throne...

Bob.  What's that toilet called and how does it work?  Does it use a bag?  
It looks like you have it inverted in one picture, so I'm guessing it doesn't have a holding tank.  

Your van looks great, btw!  :cool:

BigT said:
It looks like you have it inverted in one picture, so I'm guessing it doesn't have a holding tank.  

Cleanwaste portable toilet, it uses bags that they sell, I just use plastic bags.  The seat clamps down on the bag and the bag is supported by a mesh netting.  Very strong/stable, built to support 500 lbs.  Extremely comfortable and folds into briefcase size for easy storage.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001...F8&qid=1476392470&sr=1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65

BigT said:

1:09 video 

I purposely built the kitchen stand high enough to put the toilet under it.  Also, accessible from inside or outside.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 16
Another great day comes to a close.  Life is good.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 14
Last night I went to bed knowing where I was going in the morning. In the morning, I changed my mind and headed elsewhere...at lunch, yet another change and by evening I ended up at none of the above. Great day, ain't life grand???? :)

I'm in Tennessee, $3 a night primitive camping on Dale Hollow Lake.

Ahhh, let me guess - the weather forcast was for temps you didn't want to deal with!.... :D

But isn't it fun to be able to change ones' mind like that!!

I did my Advanced Open Water and Rescue Diver certifications at Dale Hollow. If you're a diver Bob, be sure to get wet there. When the TVA flooded the valley they left buildings and cars, there's a school bus you can play in at about 70'... very fun!

Thanks for the information, I let my certification elapse a long time ago.  I've always been intrigued by the TVA and many projects especially where related to people displacement.  Beautiful country, think I'll be spending some time exploring Tennessee.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 10
5 miles in on one lane 2 way road to the $3 a night campsite 
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 15
And this is it, No one else in the area, I've booked it for 5 days.  May extend that if the fishing a good . :p
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    157.1 KB · Views: 18
Oooh, hope you catch some yummy dinner, do the girls like fish?

Knew a fella in Key West who used to show up to fish on the White Street Pier every morning, fisrt fish of the day went to his dog (giant chow mix of some sort), dog gobbled it right down, scales and all. They both seemed happy as clams.