bLEEp-Mobile 2000 E450 shuttle build

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the last big problem to overcome.
I can NOT find a set of batteries anywhere. The place I was looking locally keeps flaking out on me and I just don't know where else to look. The closer the time gets to when we are supposed to be done the higher my stress climbs. I am supposed to be out of this piece of crap house by the 9th.... Wish me luck.
Maybe I'll go rob a golf course.
bLEEp

bLEEp said:
Well the last big problem to overcome.
I can NOT find a set of batteries anywhere.  The place I was looking locally keeps flaking out on me and I just don't know where else to look.  The closer the time gets to when we are supposed to be done the higher my stress climbs.  I am supposed to be out of this piece of crap house by the 9th.... Wish me luck.
Maybe I'll go rob a golf course.
bLEEp

Hey bLEEp,

Not sure if you've seen it before, but this thread from last year about 6 volt batteries has a lot of information in there about what's good and what's not, and where to find them and buy them. Sounds like it might be worth your time to read it.

https://vanlivingforum.com/Thread-What-s-the-big-deal-with-6v-batteries

Tom

go to a golf course and go to the maintenance building and ask them to sell you the batteries. you don't have any industrial/agriculture battery supply houses in your area? highdesertranger

or just slap in a 12v till you get somewhere with a better selection,no need to stress,you'll be fine

I do not enjoy heights.
I climbed from GotSmart's van roof to the roof of the bus as he helped me put the feet on and hand the panels up.
I need to resize photos.

A couple....

Attachments

• IMG_0689.JPG
    IMG_0689.JPG
    1.9 MB
  • IMG_0691.JPG
    IMG_0691.JPG
    1,023.4 KB
Mrs. bLEEp ordered the toilet. All that's left mostly is the detail stuff...
So grateful for GotSmart and all the info here! We actually did it!

bLEEp said:
Mrs. bLEEp ordered the toilet.  All that's left mostly is the detail stuff...
So grateful for GotSmart and all the info here!  We actually did it!

Woo hoo!! Congrats!!    :exclamation:

Looking back , the biggest project is much easier than it was imagined before you got started on it.
Happy trails

The bus is now insured. Just need plates and we are ready to roll.
I will snap some progress photos and shrink them in a little while

bLEEp said:
The bus is now insured.  Just need plates and we are ready to roll.
I will snap some progress photos and shrink them in a little while

So, after this monumental surge of building activity, where are you rolling to?

Tom

Congrats!!!
Man, can't wait to be where you guys are. It's like looking at the graduates in high-school and sighing "gosh, when will I graduate?"

Great job!

After sourcing insurance everything else is a peice of cake.

WE HAVE SOLAR!

The wireing from the solonoid to the batteries is now complete.

Batteries are hooked up.  

System wide there are three frame ground wires.

The controle box is now making everything simple.   :D

The Renogy sustem is working to perfection.   :cool:

Holes drilled, wires run ~ goop applied ~ I will let bLEEp fill in the details.  This is is baby.  :)

Attachments

• Be 10.jpg
    Be 10.jpg
    63 KB