Bear Pepper Spray

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How will you get your vehicle to Alaska on a cruise? Of course you can't, the advantage to the frerry is your vehicle ends up there and you can spend the summer driving Alaksa.

But that's also why it costs so much.
Bob

Taking a cruise to Alaska is totally off-topic to bear spray and avoiding problems with bears..

It needs it's own thread.
Bob

"Gatineau police said it does not recommend confronting robbers, and instead recommends calling 911 and getting a good description of the suspects."

"The average response time of a 911 call is over 23 minutes, the response time of a 9mm/.357 or .44 magnum is 1400 feet per second."

I heard for RV defense oven cleaner is hard to beat. Keep a white cane near the door so they can find their way back out. I have gotten a shot of carb cleaner in my eyes and it seems to sting real good as well.
A lady friend Is a CDL driver. They are not allowed to have pepper spray in their truck. Carburetor cleaner is allowed.

I have a 2 ounce bottle of Sabre Red pepper gel in my belt at all times. I've used it once on an aggressive unchained dog which chased me down a rural road. The dog whimpered and turned tail. Loud profanities have scared away all black bears I have encountered, but the pepper spray is there if they don't. The gel reduces blowback.

If I ever visit grizzly country, I'll buy a Brenneke slug round for my single shot 12 gauge and pray for good aim. Don't use regular Foster slugs, they don't penetrate enough. I'll also get a big can of bear spray as a primary weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts