Anyone here that can help me A.S.A.P. choose a good van?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know what to do right now. amtrack needs to know where I am on their automated system, but I DONT KNOW. Can someone just tell me my departure place? I am trying to keep my location private

Rob said there are 2 choices, but I dont know what to tell the automated system

GotSmart said:
JMHO...

The things you mentioned are small details.  On a van of that age and condition ~~~ for that price ~~~ 

It is almost like you expected showroom new condition.  

Only one way to get that...  ~~~ buy new.   

It really sounds like a great used platform that needs a little detail in a couple spots.

NO!!  I expected buyer and mechanic to disclose.  I DO NOT NEED YOUR NEGATIVITY RIGHT NOW!

GotSmart said:
JMHO...

The things you mentioned are small details.  On a van of that age and condition ~~~ for that price ~~~ 

It is almost like you expected showroom new condition.  

Only one way to get that...  ~~~ buy new.   

It really sounds like a great used platform that needs a little detail in a couple spots.

Different for different people. I'd buy it but I have no issue with tools and knowledge to repair far beyond any of that.

She isn't that person. Hence why she was looking for an honest seller and had it inspected by a mechanic. She can't help them screwing her over.

OMG
I am so upset and keep being distracted by these scam artist's bull sh**.

I returned Jesse/ aka Sean mechanic's call. 8/2/17 1:22 texas time. I told him I will pay the 75 dollars for the inspection he SAID he did, but beyond that, i didnt authorize anything else except what we agreed upon. i also told him he didn't tell me about problems that the van had before I decided to come there like the 3 gouges in the windshield etc and asked him why not. He made excuses. Sorry to the tribe for for all mistakes, I am trying to HURRY to get out of here and type.

He tried to makes excuses why the pulley and gear or WHATEVER ITS CALLED (its in my notes above) WASN'T done and I further told him that HE is the one who was supposed to do it BUT DIDN'T. the one who did it (austin) said it didn't need to be done and did something completely different than what I authorized to be done. Do you know what he (jesse/sean) said? He made the excuse that he is old, he is almost 60 and his eyes are an excuse! OMG! The other day he was asking me how old I was and I told him it didn't matter (as well he asked me what kind of car I drove) and he said he was 54. (i TOLD GUNNY ABOUT THAT CONVERSATION THE OTHER DAY AND HE SAID THE GUY WAS JUST MAKING CONVERSATION..
which is NONE OF MECHANIC'S BUSINESS!) That was the day 7/31/17 we were negotiating/deciding before I left and I told the mechanic that I didn't have time to discuss this and what difference does it matter my age OR WHAT KIND OF CAR i DRIVE???) He said I sound young. What in the world was it his business my age or why did he need to know what kind of car I drove. Now in retrospect, I understand why he was asking. I ASKED THE DEALER A DAY OR TWO BEFORE THIS IF HE WOULD TRADE THE VAN FOR MY LOW MILES BMW And gave him the specifics OF MY CAR. These !@#$*(&)'s were in cahoots! I never discussed my car with the mechanic before he ever brought up the conversation. Why would a mechanic who I hired to inspect a van 1600+ miles need to know my personal business??? Obvious...

Mechanic right now continues to try to give excuses for his age or eyesight, that he said was the problem with the a/c and why something different was done by someone was done completely different and the fact that it is not working properly, ie. leaking. I had to just hang up because it was a circular mindfu** conversation. I just can't believe a mechanic would give these asinine excuses for misdiagnosing and not fixing my potential vehicle.

Rob told me he thinks its his fault and was too ill to help basically about an hour ago. I told him that IT'S NOT HIS FAULT!!!! He just left a vcml saying I am either 3 miles from forthworth texas or 35 miles from Dallas texas. I hope that will help when I call the automated amtrack system...

Is there anyone that can help me?

I am not able to find a fricking way home because I am dealing with this stupidity! I need to take a quick break right nw...be back...

XFILE36 said:
Cant take amtrack because i have a gun.

Hmm. Well, you can check a gun in luggage so long as you have a concealed carry permit, it's in a case with a lock, and no ammo. Or, you can mail it to yourself.

Yup, this sounds mighty chaotic at the moment. :(

Okay, I have refrained from commenting but I did NOT say I was too ill to help. I am not a mechanic nor have I ever claimed to be. I offered to find an independent mechanic prior to your coming here. You ignored that and said you would rather have someone you choose.

The drips from the rear airconditioner were condensation and there was either a clogged drain line or hose. It was 90 degrees and raining. 100 % humidity. Lots of condensation.
I doubt he let it run long enough for the condensation to build up, rather, checked that it was cooling and went elsewhere. You confronted the owner about the vacuum and other electrical items not working, he plugged the van in and everything worked. You have no AC current unless the plug is in.

The chips on the windshield he should have mentioned but because this is Texas and chips are not critical to inspection perhaps he just forgot.

You were upset with Escapee's and neither the dealer nor I have a bit of control over them, none.

I dropped you at that motel because it was close to me and I could pick you up this morning and do what you needed to do. You write like I just said get home best way you know. I didn't and wouldn't have until now. Amtrak will take two days to get home according to the agent I spoke with, from either Dallas or Ft. Worth, both go north to OKC then west.

There is an airconditioner repair shop in Arlington who does RV air at a reasonable price.

What you do is up to you but please don't make it sound like I got you out here and blew you off. I WAS tired last night after 7 hours at the dealership and no food. No meds and my back was killing me. I was in a shitty mood, not ill.

I would still take you to the airport or Amtrak or greyhound, I don't renege on friends.

I don't know if you are passing up a decent van or not but it's a 1995 and will have a glitch here and there.

Please don't tell people how I felt, you don't know.

Rob

Didn't realize it was our Rob :-/

So, the AC wasn't leaking refrigerant it was just moisture off the condenser not exiting? Also, are we talking about the van AC or that top mount window unit jobby? Or vehicle based rear AC I guess is a possibility too.

I agree the windshield is no biggie and suggested insurance with glass coverage and then just it replaced later. Same issue with chips here in AZ as TX.

I'm going to go back a reread a few things ...

Sorry X that you didn't find your dream vehicle so far away.

Finding a good one ain't easy unless you just get lucky and your neighbor sells it to you.

It's out there somewhere don't give up.

I'm giving Gunny/Rob a rate point for his efforts helping out with this !
That's totally tribe at it's best.
I encourage anybody else that agrees to do this also !

Well done Gunny !

RobndaHood said:
A sneak  peek at the interior.
Just noticed this picture. I see a toilet, a range top, so probably has a sink too? Less than 90,000 miles? That's basically a class B that looks good?
What engine?

Robndahood, I told you I didn't have a mechanic and you told me you would check with yours. I waited. I found one and you called me and said you only had a tentative one. Since I found one we went from there. I didn't finish reading your last comment beyond that remark. I am not here to disagree with you or anyone. I will read the rest of what you wrote later. I am on the phone trying to get home. NO AMTRACk will allow me to take a gun. I will read the rest of your comment after I take a break. I have been on the phone or computer trying to figure out how to get home. I will continue this again after a break. I cannot believe I am having to defend what we discussed or what the truth is. I don't even know what to say or do right now. :(

the rear air conditioner was pouring out liquid. i dont know if it was....what I dont know, I didn't analyze it under a microscope. I can't deal with this any more. I DONT WANT THAT VAN SO DON'T TRY TO CONVINCE ME ANYONE. I JUST WANT TO GO HOME AND CANNOT FIND A WAY. FOR everyone's clarification: the REAR air conditioner was pouring liquid on the carpet and the toilet cover.

not only that Robndahood, you said you didn't have a mechanic for me you were just close to getting one. Since time was of the essence and I needed to make a decision, I couldn't wait for yours!

It was water, a fairly steady drip so something somewhere was clogged or undone, its a rear mounted unit. It would need to be fixed but it was not freon.

I won't comment anymore, I am not attacking what was said or not said. I simply stated the truth. I told you the guy I found at a shop wanted $150.00 and yours was half the price.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Rob

XFILE36 said:
Cant take amtrack because i have a gun.

But you carried it in checked baggage on the plane I assume?

You can do the same on the train.

Or, sell it at a pawn shop and get on with your travels.

Status
Not open for further replies.