Anyone going to be in NM?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osanmat

Reaction score
Driving down through Wyoming and Colorado, the weather has been amazing but occassionally wet in the afternoon. I’m headed East of Gallup in the Cibola National Forest area, (cooler than AZ right now). Let me know if anyone is in the area, I’ve got a ton of leftover supplies that I’m hauling around to donate at the RTR if anybody needs a quick fix or the use of my tools. Hope to meet up with more of the group soon!

(By the way, great weather at 72, with lows in the mid 50s. Great place to recharge solar after doing laundry in Pueblo NM and before heading toward AZ.

I'm in northern New Mexico now. Heading for middle-eastern New Mexico next week.
Where are you now?
Lisa

I’m now at the Red Rocks Park in Gallup as recommended by someone in another thread. It’s a bit warmer than the last site (high 80s in the day, 50s at night).

Pluses:
- Very friendly staff at the office!
- blistering hot showers (took a bit to cool down)
- elec and water connection avail for more $ (they’re ok with you filling up jugs though)
- trash bins
- tons of open sky for solar

Minuses:
- Fireants in primitive camp sites, (pretty much everywhere really, but not a problem... yet. There also were’t a ton of reservations, so they let me take an RV site)
- Somewhat remote for a van dweller (can’t walk to any stores if you forget something, so come prepared). Rode my bike 4.5 miles to a Shell station, (and ended up popping the rear tire on the last 1/2 mile back...