Hunting Season?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some hunters don't have a clue about what they're trying to do. They're the kind who will shoot at movement, and not even consider where that flying bullet ends up.

I was camping for a few days outside Sisters, OR, during a heat wave. I had forgotten something (milk?), so I went into town. I was in the grocery store shortly before they closed. Three hot, sweating, irritated men in hunting gear stomped in and yelled, "Where are all the g-damned deer?"

The older female clerk looked at them, and said calmly something like, "Resting in a cool spot, waiting for dark, and laughing at hunters who don't know that".

Sure enough, I heard some occasional shots well after dark. Hoped my schoolbus-yellow Ford van was visible. Hoped there were some rangers out there, watching for poachers.

sephson said:
Ya know, this really takes the fun out of offering suggestions!  :mad:

We want legitimate, or better yet, blown all out of proportion gripes so we can give you a hard time about it.  :angel:

Ok, I'll try harder.   :D

Latest posts