a guy offered me a free van any input would be good.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come to think about it, my neighbor offered me his pick-up truck for free if I could get it running.  It was parked on his front lawn and the city was hassling him about it.  Turns out it had two gas tanks; when I realized that I put gas in the latter and it ran like a champ!

Went to go check the van out, it didn't run and when it did, it wouldn't go in gear. So I am back living with my abusive aunt and trying to find out how to raise 6 thousand to buy a decent van. I had a gofund me but after 2 years and not one dime I deleted the gofund me, but thought of starting it up again but I know I won't get anywhere with it like I did the last time, so not sure. it would take me 16 months to save 6k to buy a decent running van. not sure what to do. I can't live with my aunt anymore I can't take being here with her.

Just walk Dwade. or get a bicycle and a $80 chinese engine kit for it. walmart has nice packs for cheap. make yourself a pop can stove, load up on some beans and rice and just go.

you wanna hitch to ohio and buy my well running '02 grand caravan for $1200? everything works.

I second bardo.
Sometimes you have to do things that noone in your circle of friends/family might be doing. But at least is better than staying in a bad situation.
Having money offers a quick solution, but you might end up in a similar situation further down in life.
Try to read and educate yourself on what realistic options are out there for you. This website, YouTube, Google. Learn what other people in a situation similar to your are doing. You are already doing that by being here. Is true what they say, Knowledge Is Power.
A GoFundMe account is not the solution.
Whether you have 10, 100,1000, or 10000 dollars, there will always be problems.

Sent from my Life One X using Tapatalk

bardo said:
Just walk Dwade. or get a bicycle and a $80 chinese engine kit for it. walmart has nice packs for cheap. make yourself a pop can stove, load up on some beans and rice and just go.

you wanna hitch to ohio and buy my well running '02 grand caravan for $1200? everything works.

Tell you what Bardo, you give me a few months to save the money and i will buy it. i only have 300 saved after that trip to florida that turned out to be a bust. 300 per month.

sure I probably wouldnt be actually ready for a few months anyway