a good start

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TooManyDogs said:
What a great build! Where did you get the shower?

Thanks, The base is a 24x24 shower pan I got from an RV supply and the walls are plastic sheet stock I got at Home Depot

Looks great, can't wait to move in!

I hope you took pics along the way and can do a build log when you have time down the road...

BradKW said:
Looks great, can't wait to move in!

I hope you took pics along the way and can do a build log when you have time down the road...

Thanks Brad, I didn't take pictures and I'm not qualified to do a build log - I can tell you that almost everything was done wrong the first time and had to be re-done. It was all learning as I went along - lots of frustration and wasted materials and a hundred trips back and forth to Home Depot and many hours finding things on Ebay. Just the cabinet hinges were sent back 3 times til I got the right ones. I can't believe I got it to this point.

That looks really good Ian. Makes mine look like a shack. I hope to meet you at RTR and take a closer look at it. Keep looking on Craig's List for a topper for the truck. I'd about given up and was going to have to spend a couple grand for the one I wanted - then suddenly one popped up for $150. They don't last long when priced well, so you have look almost daily.

masterplumber said:
That looks really good Ian. Makes mine look like a shack. I hope to meet you at RTR and take a closer look at it. Keep looking on Craig's List for a topper for the truck. I'd about given up and was going to have to spend a couple grand for the one I wanted - then suddenly one popped up for $150. They don't last long when priced well, so you have look almost daily.

Thanks MP. They had to make the Nissan just 3 inches wider than other mid size trucks. I could make a narrower aluminum cap work in a pinch but I'd really like a fiberglass, and those are pretty model specific. In a very worst case scenario I could make a cover with a hinged sheet of plywood and, hopefully find something on the road.

Yeah, I had a similar issue. The older full size truck beds are straight and square. already had a work topper, and for that matter, a 4 Wheel pop up camper that fit my '95 Ford. The newer trucks all have a tapered bed - roughly 64'' wide at the cab and only 60'' wide at the tailgate. Most of the toppers for sale in my area at the time only fit the older trucks. Good luck - something will turn up eventually.