a good start

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ArtW said:
ugh, sorry to hear that, hope it's not too big a boo
thanks

Art, here's the place I got it. The walls are plastic sheet stuff I got at Home Depot - the adhesive is a Liquid Nails product (45 bucks for a half gallon - dang, I still need to do the small wall and ceiling - hope I have enough ). I tried contact cement when I covered the box for the tank. The plastic rejects it (and ruined the box too). I'm figuring $325 for the shower including the tank.

The tenant's plumbing issue - I was replacing the toilet - no problem, I had a nice one in the garage , so new guts and wax ring (trip #1 to HD) - no problem ,right? Tightening the toilet down I cracked the mounting ring - off to Home Depot (trip #2) - they had a repair ring made for that, but the guy working in plumbing says "oh no, you have to replace the pipe from the basement, "oh shit" I said. So a couple of bags of pipe, elbows and etc (I couldn't remember the pipe diam. so got 3" and 4"). Got home and said "F this" -So trip #3 to Hell Depot, got the repair ring, 10 minutes , job done. Oh did I leave out the part where I ran out of gas in the truck on the 3rd trip to Hell, but was able to coast almost all the way to the gas station "sorry, our system is down right now"

Of course the tenant sighing and acting like I busted the freaking thing on purpose didn't help the ambiance.

Days like this make me wish I hadn't given up the hooch.

Here's a pic of the cabinet for the fridge - with the Whynter in mind, but reading the latest reports on those ........

I placed the little panel with the plug-ins too high so the tv I had planned to go above the unit will need to be a wee one.

Attachments

• trailer progress3.png
    trailer progress3.png
    175.9 KB
highdesertranger said:
it looks great to me.  highdesertranger

Thanks HDR, it was one of your posts that convinced me to go with the oven - doesn't take much more room than a cooktop

Looking real good. I like the blonde wood finish, keeps it light and airy feeling. I often wish I'd went ahead and built a shower into mine. Who knows, maybe there will be a version 2.0

Love the light wood. Lifts the spirits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good news of the day - I believe the Harley is sold. That translates into solar system, batteries, fridge and all the bits and pieces to finish the trailer, plus some cash to do a few things I need to do before I list the house. A couple of decent CL sales today too.

Cool
Did you get to take it out one last time?

The build will sure go a lot quicker with that kind of financing!

rvpopeye said:
Cool
Did you get to take it out one last time?

The build will sure go a lot quicker with that kind of financing!

Lol, are you kidding - just my luck I'd hit a deer. Actually I have it for 2 more weeks. Who knows, the guy might not come up with the rest of the dough, and I'm being prematurely happy .

I got a bit more done - finished the shower - built another cabinet and almost finished the bed. I didn't notice that the cabinet was not flush against the wall until I looked at the picture. That's the problem with working alone - trying to wrestle everything in place while you attach it .  I'm going to have to fix that because it will drive me nuts. The L brackets holding it to the ceiling are going to be a real problem. But hopefully the slide out part for the bed will be done this weekend. Then it's just the closet and finishing the details.

Attachments

• trailer 5 .jpg
    trailer 5 .jpg
    26.1 KB
Really like that light color

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't been on the forum for a while - it's been pretty much a full time job getting ready to hit the road - disposing of my business, building out the trailer and getting ready to sell the house, and most of all selling, giving away and dumping the huge amount of stuff I'd accumulated.
For the past 4 months my only income has been the proceeds of what I've been selling. Almost nothing has been spared - photos, books, CD collection, my woodworking tools, my Harley, furniture - most of it is now gone.

The trailer is now finished (just have to buy batteries) and closing on the house is scheduled for Dec 9 and then I'm free.  Still have a lot to do in between - I'm putting a new roof on the house for the buyer, so that has yet to be done.  There are some things I didn't want to part with yet - some business equipment, paintings that were done by artist friends and a few basic furniture items which are in storage as a back-up.  But I can always come back and sell that stuff. I also need to find a cap for my truck, but cash is super tight now, so I might have to wait until the check for the house clears for that.

After all the speed bumps I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel - the trailer is in the driveway - clothes and most food is stowed away and have my route to Arizona planned. Getting more awesome every day! I'll be taking some pictures of the trailer tomorrow - it came out pretty cool.

I was actually just thinking of you the other day and wondering where you dropped off to. Glad to hear progress continues, looking forward to pics!

Here's a few pictures of my almost finished trailer build. Some details:

Whynter 45qt
Wave 3 Heater
200 watts solar with inverter
13 gallon water tank
pull out bed

The shower will be a place for the cat's litter box with a removable platform above the litter box for her bed and food dishes. The separate battery and fuse/inverter boxes are below the bed with a vent panel to the outside of the battery box. Quite a bit of storage for a 6x10, I think.  Additional things such as dog food, tools, a couple of 5 gal water jugs and my E-Z up tent will go in the truck. Hopefully I can find a cap for that otherwise it will have a tonneau cover.  

Still to go, if I have time is a screen room for the tailgate and batteries, but otherwise ready to roll

Attachments

• DSCN2917.jpg
    DSCN2917.jpg
    389.7 KB
  • DSCN2918.jpg
    DSCN2918.jpg
    323.6 KB
  • DSCN2919.jpg
    DSCN2919.jpg
    277.9 KB
  • DSCN2928.jpg
    DSCN2928.jpg
    355.6 KB
  • DSCN2924.jpg
    DSCN2924.jpg
    320.7 KB
wow, Ian very nice job. I love the light color of the wood, makes it look bright inside. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
wow,  Ian very nice job.  I love the light color of the wood,  makes it look bright inside.  highdesertranger

Thanks - I'm almost thinking I could mount the whole body on a flatbed 1 ton eventually

Ian, your new home is a thing of beauty and function and a well-earned reward when all that other stuff is over and done.  Big congratulations!

Sassy