4G Nomad's Van Build - Sierra

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
boy I wish I where in your area right now. I love N. Nevada. I know a cowboy in Carson City. we used to have a connection in Genoa big ranch, but he passed and the kids are idiots. I rolled a truck in Minden almost killed me, was air lifted to St. Mary's in Reno. I had a job at the GMC dealer in Minden. boy I envy you as I am stuck in so cal. btw does your nephew need anything for his truck. I have all kinds of parts for the square body chevy trucks. your van is looking good. next time I am in your area I will have to look you up. best to you. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
boy I wish I where in your area right now.   I love N. Nevada.  I know a cowboy in Carson City.  we used to have a connection in Genoa big ranch,  but he passed and the kids are idiots.  I rolled a truck in Minden almost killed me,  was air lifted to St. Mary's in Reno.  I had a job at the GMC dealer in Minden.  boy I envy you as I am stuck in so cal.  btw does your nephew need anything for his truck.  I have all kinds of parts for the square body chevy trucks.  your van is looking good.  next time I am in your area I will have to look you up.  best to you.   highdesertranger

Sorry for the late response. Well, you do have some history up in these parts. Funny, I have not been down to Minden and Genoa yet. I've driven through Minden, but never explored it. I'll check with my nephew if he needs anything. Definitely we will have to meet up if you are in the area or if I am in yours eventually. :) Take care and Live Simple & Enjoy Life!

4G VLOG - Van Build Day 0.5 / Paper Panel Templates

Hey guys and gals.. It's been a little while since my last post. I have been busy with work and preparing for my move out at the end of the month. I can't believe it is two weeks from today. I will be floating between Oregon, California, and Nevada after August 1st living in my van part-time as well as temporary living in an apartment my father owns to help him with some remodeling up in Oregon.

Anyways, I am slowly starting my build and started making paper templates for the insulation and wood panels inside the van. I have no prior build experience, so even these simpler tasks are a learning experience. I feel more confident in my build after this little excursion and am looking forward to doing more this week. The build will pick up in August as I will have more access to tools and my father is planning to help me here and there with the build.

I am still planning to be on the road full-time by Early October. I hope everyone is doing well.

[video=youtube]

very cool. now your going to Oregon, dang more envy. I know people there too. what general area are you headed. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
very cool.  now your going to Oregon,  dang more envy.  I know people there too.  what general area are you headed.  highdesertranger

Klamath Falls area...

I am officially houseless.  Today, I start my van journey by heading to California the next couple of weeks, then onto Oregon.  Here are some recent video vlogs..

Finishing The Purge / California Bound

[video=youtube]

All Packed Up / First Night In The Van

[video=youtube]

4G Nomad, we are asking that you no longer just post video links because it excludes a fairly large number of our members.

We need you to post photos or text at least to cover the basic idea of your post.

These are fine, but next time posts with nothing but video links will be deleted.
Bob

Bob,

I will do that. I keep forgetting that most of you are using 1x/3G on the road. I will provide both low-broadband and high-broadband versions on my future posts.

That's a very good thing but what we are mainly concerned with people with only 1-2 gigs of data and can't use it viewing the many videos posted on the forum.

So we need you to provide the basic data in pictures and text along with the links. In other words, include every member of the forum and not exclude some.
Bob

Hello,

That is what I meant by Low-Broadband - Pictures and Text. :) No problem. Thanks again for hosting this great site!