24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cold front weather supposed to show up in Lake Havasu on Monday and hang around for a while going to be in the mid 80s. It’s starting to feel a lot like Xmas 🤪

It is cold here at night (50's?) and I've run out of propane with less than 2 weeks left to stay in this spot. I have an electric heater running and just put in an order for a new tank. I'll try to store the almost full tank behind the rig once I move it to the storage spot for this winter when I'll be in Q.

I just saw something that made me smile. I am camped on a relatively flat spot on a hillside adjacent to Highway 95. When I looked out the door while reclining on my bed/couch I saw the roof of a semi-tractor trailer passing by in the gap underneath an RV that is parked between me and the drop off down to the highway. Definitely not something you would normally expect to see underneath a motorhome.

Going to be a 98 degrees this afternoon. I have been saving going to the air conditioned laundromat for this afternoon’s major event in-town errand.
Much too hot for my liking so I will not stay in camp. Only 2 more days until the temperature drops down to being bearable in mid afternoon.

I did get my hair cut yesterday which is helping some. No need to heat water to wash it, it is just right coming out of the jug. A daily chore in this hot weather!

Last edited:
Off topic but good reminder. Yesterday l accidentally cut a small chunk out of my finger on an open metal area on a friends van door. The area didn't appear rusted but you can't see inside the door. I'm a retired RN so my first thought was "I'm glad l had a tetanus shot abt 2 yrs ago." I try to get a tetanus shot abt every 10 yrs. There are differing opinions abt how often to get one. From Mayo clinic to CDC. Ask your physician.

Off topic but good reminder. Yesterday l accidentally cut a small chunk out of my finger on an open metal area on a friends van door. The area didn't appear rusted but you can't see inside the door. I'm a retired RN so my first thought was "I'm glad l had a tetanus shot abt 2 yrs ago." I try to get a tetanus shot abt every 10 yrs. There are differing opinions abt how often to get one. From Mayo clinic to CDC. Ask your physician.
As a retired RN what are your thoughts about tetanus being a lot more likely from a puncture wound than an open cut such as slicing your hand on a metal edge?

I do keep up ion my tetanus shots because I frequently use tools and work on projects. There is lots of bits of rusty junk left on the ground even in cities, but especially true on BLM and NFS Dispersed camping areas where I often old rusted cans and also find bits of old wire fencing on the ground. Of course there are also rusty nails on the ground around campfire areas. The risk of puncture wounds from sharp rusty objects is higher than normal in VanLife.

Last edited:
Where to get a tetanus shot if you are due for one and away from Your personal physician.
IMG_1123.jpegIMG_1123.jpeg

I apologize for how unfriendly this will sound. But other then telling just MY experience l do not give any medical advice. I am not a physician. Please consider "reading btw the lines" ...the attraction of supposed free $ by some people ie: suing because you were given a blue frozen drink and it caused you great mental distress when you ordered a red frozen drink etc. Always consult a medical physician for any medical advice. Again my deepest apologies for not engaging in a friendly fun chat.

Hooray!! It’s almost high noon and the inside of my little travel trailer does not feel like being inside a solar oven! This is a much more comfortable for living conditions forecast than last week’s high 90s.
IMG_1126.jpeg

Bad news… got a notice my extended car warranty is going up. I didn’t even know I had one!
In a few days the temps finally drop to more normal. I need enough snow so I can burn my brush pile. When the first flake falls, I’m lighting the pile! Last major thing I need to do before I go…
But if my car warranty is going up… I’m gonna have to go back to work…

Bad news… got a notice my extended car warranty is going up. I didn’t even know I had one!
In a few days the temps finally drop to more normal. I need enough snow so I can burn my brush pile. When the first flake falls, I’m lighting the pile! Last major thing I need to do before I go…
But if my car warranty is going up… I’m gonna have to go back to work.

You may not have one. I currently have an old 1988 beater Chevy Cheyenne that was put together from spare parts. I received one of those warranty notices a few months ago. Just another donation for the paper recycling bin.

You may not have one. I currently have an old 1988 beater Chevy Cheyenne that was put together from spare parts. I received one of those warranty notices a few months ago. Just another donation for the paper recycling bin.
Makes great kindling to start campfires...

But if my car warranty is going up… I’m gonna have to go back to work…
Don’t worry Doug will put you to work when you get to Pirate Camp. Instead of getting paid peanuts you will get some real silver bars stamped with the word Klondike.

Im interested to know what kind of pets everyone has.
I will start ..... I have a few Scottish Terriers and a couple of German shepherds.
My website is https://www.scottishterrierpuppies.org
Right now, a big ol' dumb love greater Swiss mountain dog, a little Sinagel parrot and 2 goldfish inside and 4-5 goldfish outside. The only one that travels with us is the dog he is the best traveling dog ever. The parrot sometimes rides to a from her birdysitters and boy does she attract a lot of attention...

The expression “wake up and smell the coffee” does not work as well when you are the person who has to get out of bed and make the coffee before it can be smelled. Oh well, it is a lovely, sunny morning in Quartzsite, AZ , not yet crowded, no problems with traffic in town or lines at the stores. The calm before all the winter party people arrive 🥳

I need to get finished setting up camp for my long term stay. More shade cloth to put out, my generator needs to get taken out and tethered to my trailer. Well there is no magic wand in my tool box so I had better get to it while the morning is still nice and cool.

You missing magic wand is hiding where the 3/8 and 10mm sockets are. And that missing sock.

You missing magic wand is hiding where the 3/8 and 10mm sockets are. And that missing sock.
No wonder I can’t find it then. That means someone else must have stolen it since I have no missing sockets and I am not even missing a sock. Not that I would actually notice a missing sock anyway as I buy identical pairs of black socks in quantity.