24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are also community gardens. Maybe they would be worth looking into? Just tossing ideas.

For some these ideas wouldn't work. But for some they might be exactly right.

The cold wave is over and the normal heat is back. Fortunately while it is a 15 mile drive to shopping (other than at the truck stop ) my higher elevation hillside campsite is 5 degrees cooler than town of Kingman, which being located in a valley, is going to have this week's highs staying in the low 90s.

I am going to be in my normal fall, holiday seasonal work mode of cutting more inventory for my Etsy store and perhaps doing some design work as well. Cutting and packaging kits are boring tasks but it does generate my grocery and gas money so I will just load up with some good audio books to listen to via my library card accounts. Being my own boss means I can take breaks or even a nap whenever I need them.

As to gardening, nurturing your own plants in your own garden has no real substitute. Letting go of having my own garden took a few years time to get over missing that activity and feeling of loss. It has much the same feeling of loss as the empty nest syndrome because there is a real emotional attachment to those small and large living beings as well as the activity rituals associated with their care and the pleasure of enjoying their beauty. Gardening is also an artistic, creative outlet, activity. That kind of loss can lead to a fugue state of depression so it is not to be taken lightly as a loss. Some people rejoice in no need to do yardwork but for others it is not just fewer chores to do.

As to gardening, nurturing your own plants in your own garden has no real substitute.
That's so true.

I'm curious how much moisture the plants would produce when brought inside the rig. My idea is to have potted plants on a wooden cart with wheels in the garage of a small-ish toyhauler. I could roll the cart onto the drop down door that is supported somehow.

I at least want herbs for cooking and tomatoes. Maybe a few flowers.

That's so true.

I'm curious how much moisture the plants would produce when brought inside the rig. My idea is to have potted plants on a wooden cart with wheels in the garage of a small-ish toyhauler. I could roll the cart onto the drop down door that is supported somehow.

I at least want herbs for cooking and tomatoes. Maybe a few flowers.
They will produce a lot less humidity in the air than making a pot of coffee or cooking dinner. Don’t worry about it unless you are doing open container hydroponic gardening.

It took 6 weeks to fully recover my sense of smell and taste after I first noticed the first symptoms of Covid in late August. But the loss of the smell and taste did not happen right away so it was only lost for a month. From what I read a month is pretty much the average length of time before those senses fully return, it has been gradually coming back over the last 10 days, so not just an all of a sudden occurrence.

So I am on Coursera.org trying to take a class about Artificial Intelligence.
The class seems to be broken -- after the first module finished, I kept getting "down for maintenance."
So I reached out to the help desk.
Which consists of the worst chatbot in the known universe.
Hey Coursera, your artificial intelligence svcks.
I guess that's one way to learn about Artificial Intelligence!

(never mind, I fixed it.)
(when all else fails, follow instructions lol)

Going to be another just above 90 degree day. There is a truck stop a few miles from camp. I will head there for an icy beverage and also to fill up some water jugs. Going to have a splashy afternoon with rinsing the paper residue off my cutting mats. I have to coat them with repositionable adhesive so I can cut the cardstock on my vinyl cutter. That washing up chore
is a boring outdoors activity but at least I won’t be melting from the heat or the water and I can listen to an audio book while I work.

Going to a truck stop is not exactly a grand adventure either but I might get an ice cream while there which is a special type of adventure treat when you do not have a freezer to stock ice cream in.

So I am on Coursera.org trying to take a class about Artificial Intelligence.
The class seems to be broken -- after the first module finished, I kept getting "down for maintenance."
So I reached out to the help desk.
Which consists of the worst chatbot in the known universe.
Hey Coursera, your artificial intelligence svcks.
I guess that's one way to learn about Artificial Intelligence!
Morgana,
Did you see the extensive article about AI-generated images?
Apparently, AI has a dickens of a time with fingers.
In the article images, some people have six or eight fingers on each hand.
In one hand, six fingers curl around a mug... but no opposable thumb.
An exercise gal has her barbell through her ankle bones... and one hand is completely missing.
Accordingly, I think we can take a breather.
The threat of SkyNet and red-eye terminators is still fairly weak.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231008-221015.jpg
    Screenshot_20231008-221015.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20231008-221312.png
    Screenshot_20231008-221312.png
    500.3 KB · Views: 0
I have met people who must have been designed by an AI because when they tried to build or fix things they were all thumbs.

Some people even came out with eyes in the back of their heads as well as the normal pair on the on the front.

Others had rocks in their skulls instead of brains.

I have met people who must have been designed by an AI because when they tried to build or fix things they were all thumbs.

Some people even came out with eyes in the back of their heads as well as the normal pair on the on the front.

Others had rocks in their skulls instead of brains.
I've seen some that have ears like radar. Able to pick up gossip from far far away.