24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Killing is not on netflix streaming, but all 6 seasons of Longmire are. The wikipedia page indicates A&E cancelled it after 3 seasons, but netflix picked it up and added 3 more. It's one of the real quality shows on nf streaming. Shows get stale after too many seasons. crofter's favorite GA turned into a bland soap opera after a few. There are just so many ways you can arrange for people having sex. House MD was 100 times better (sorry Sue).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longmire_(TV_series)

EDIT: as Wayne says, they wrapped Longmire up really well. I see Nurse Jackie and Breaking Bad are also on nf streaming, as well as all Star Trek series. ... Parks&Recreation, Orange is Black, The Office, The West Wing, Blacklist.

• The Killing series is I believe hosred on Hulu.Lots of streaming services to choose from.

Yesterday organized boxes etc in the cargo trailer. Job about half done.  Then walked to Mexican restaurant and had nice dinner with son, daughter, grandchildren, and son's roommate.

Today is LAC ... what is that? Local Assistance Center for our fires. I hope to apply for a FEMA mobile housing unit.

Didn't get much sleep last night.

Latest info on the HC fire indicates they have a containment line around the town, but not along 96 north of town. Looks like it also spawned a new fire on Devils Peak north of Seiad. Only 13% containment overall.
https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/7173/

maki2 said:

• The Killing series is I believe hosred on Hulu.Lots of streaming services to choose from.
That must be in code. Can you translste?
And all this time I thought GA was about brain surgery.
-crofter

crofter said:
That must be in code. Can you translste?
And all this time I thought GA was about brain surgery.
-crofter
I believe she meant it is hosted on Hulu.com. Cf, "QWERTY".

Regarding GA, why hadn't you ever noticed "Anatomy" in the name? They wasn't meaning the brain.

The Killing, with its detective duo, reminds me of True Detective.

What was interesting about True Detective, beyond the story, was the role reversals for Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey from their previous works. McConaughey was the male lead in more than a few rom-com's. Harrelson was a weirdo in Natural Born Killers, and was usually off beat in whatever else he was in, such as Doc Hollywood, and Kingpin. In True Detective, that type casting was flipped, as Harrelson was the rational family man, and McConaughey was the weirdo loner.

WH is also the weirdo in The Duel and The Highwaymen on netflix streaming. There are several MM videos on nf, including Mud.

Making progress on my van build,,Jamie finally found the title, Might not show much, But $175 title change, then $30 more for a oil change. The van is officially mine now. I feel like i accomplished something.

wayne49 said:
The Killing, with its detective duo, reminds me of True Detective.

What was interesting about True Detective, beyond the story, was the role reversals for Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey from their previous works. McConaughey was the male lead in more than a few rom-com's. Harrelson was a weirdo in Natural Born Killers, and was usually off beat in whatever else he was in, such as Doc Hollywood, and Kingpin. In True Detective, that type casting was flipped, as Harrelson was the rational family man, and McConaughey was the weirdo loner.

First season of True Detective was great. Second season was not. Haven't seen the third season yet, but it stars Mahershala Ali, which is very promising.

We are having a beautiful day in Pennsylvania right now it’s 64° breezy clouds in the sky but beautiful blue behind them the smoke seems to blown off. I’m looking out my open doors at a beautiful great blue heron again. I just made my first hot meal in days. I guess I’m getting out of the slump. Our 43rd wedding anniversary is approaching but before we celebrate that we have to celebrate the third anniversary of her leaving. I get to see her very rarely and talk to her occasionally but she Wants nothing to do with coming back. So I get blue. I really don’t have anybody to share that with but you guys so if it bums you out forget about it. If you can identify in some way and it makes you sad I’m sorry. We spent 40 years together minus one week when she told me she never loved me. So where did those five children come from. The ones she’s turned against me. Yep I am in a funk I think I’ll really get dressed tomorrow and go out into the woods with my birdwatching friends. We have a Hawk watch on second Mountain in Lebanon County where we count the Hawks that go by and submit it to hawk Mountain for their environmentalist to study. Sounds like a good diversion to me. I’ve been wanting to do it for four days. I think tomorrow is the day. God bless the nomads even me because I am really needing it today

Nature heals everything. Be in nature.

I have some forgettable anniversaries. I could still celebrate the fourth of July until my good friend died on July 4th. Now I celebrate life, but not days.
-crofter

nature lover:

You got almost 40 years more than some folks get....try to look at the glass as half full instead. Plus she wouldn't want to join you for this van adventure, so remember for everything there is a season (I choose garlic as my season, LOL).

Yes garlic is good. I understand it keeps away vampires too. Now I have a question under our profiles it has reputation Number what is that number representing (good or bad?) and how does it go up or down. I just couldn’t find that.

Next to your name on top of your posts, at the very right side (in green) here there is a green number. & in your case. If you click on that number, you will see how many times members here rated you for a post or just because they like you.
The higher the number, the better your reputation. So it is good. :thumbsup:

Thank you Sofisintown I appreciate your information there are so many places where I have a bad reputation I wanted to know what it was here I guess you folks don’t know but as well as others;-).

Ive never seen this saying before. I kind of figure it is probably about right.

Attachments

• jn7wu4ycbxn51.jpg
    jn7wu4ycbxn51.jpg
    72.8 KB
That's basic SOP, re bears. Extension of that is fight back with any other predators, mountain lions, wolves. Moose, well run. Grizzlies are mainly confined to the Jackson WY - Glacier NP area in the lower 48, Blacks are all over the west, approx 30,000-40,000 in CA and 25,000-30,000 in OR.

Regarding fires in the west, that great gal Sofisintown put this link up on the music thread yesterday.
http://radio.garden

I've been listening to radio stations all over OR now, to get local info on the fires (and local scuttlebutt thinking on the off kilter stations). The Ashland Classical station just gave a report on the Almeda fire (I-5 between Ashland and Medford), and also on the Slater (HC) fire. There are other stations from NorCal too for local info.

Jefferson (!!!) Public Station, who knew.
http://radio.garden/listen/jpr-classics-news/U417OU30

Ruth Bader died today.

Hello... the LAC (local assistance center) event was fun for a few hours. Lots of tables set up and I got information from the dept. of motor vehicles, county assessor, post office, and many others. I got the "news" that my home burned, and they had photographs of each property on their computer. Unfortunately for my property they had (1)  a photo of my shed, burnt to the ground. My generator's frame was still there but the generator inside it had disappeared. Also (2) they also had a photo of my fire damaged carport that will probably have to be taken down. Doesn't look good. However... they didn't have a photograph of the mobile home itself. I have requested one. Until then I just have to take their word for it that it is gone. Surely they took photos of it when they were taking pictures of the shed and carport alongside it?

FEMA was a no-show at the event so I am still wondering if there's any possibility we'll ever be given FEMA mobile housing units. With so many wildfires and people losing their homes, I am concerned that FEMA mobile housing units may be in short supply. However! Our County Sheriff's Office told us we can stay in the hotels as long as we need them until we're able to take the next step into something more permanent. I must say, this is a very nice hotel room and the people working here are very nice as well.

What else is new... I keep remembering things I left inside the mobile home when it burned. Not intentionally... I just didn't have time to grab everything. What a terrible, terrible thing... I remember things and then grieve for each of them. This happens over and over. This evening I remembered my box of songs I wrote was still in there. That's not replaceable. Of course not. What a difficult thing to live through... I guess I'll have to write some more songs! I saved the guitar.

Feeling a bit unhappy over all that, and I have to say, reading Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman is not the most exciting thing that's ever happened to me. The long essay at the beginning is slowing me down. I feel about it pretty much how I felt about the long essay at the beginning of The Scarlet Letter. I just want to dispense with the long essays and get to the actual work of poetry/fiction. Please.

Photos.....  Took me a while to realize that was my shed. Beautiful rose bush I nurtured is gone. The lovely trees look done-for. The destroyed home behind my shed was my neighbor's very, very nice house (not a mobile home) so it was worth much more than my 45-year-old renovation project of a mobile home. It was a shady, pretty oasis and I feel sorrier for them than I do for myself. My own loss seems more minimal in comparison. About my carport - it is so damaged it will also probably have to be torn down. I won't try to stop them if they want to take it down when they clean the property.

shed600.jpg

carport.jpg

Attachments

• shed600.jpg
    shed600.jpg
    74.6 KB
  • carport.jpg
    carport.jpg
    44.8 KB

Latest posts