2017 RTR in Quartzsite

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dog Rio and I are looking forward to meeting you all at our first RTR..I will be on the road coming from the east coast in late November and hope to be in the Quart. area in December. Where is the informal meet up or place that folks are talking about in Texas ? Ill be slowing down and exploring starting in Texas and New Mexico before Arizona. Ill look out for the directions ( video) to the Quartz rendezvous...Thanks..

I'll be there. It will be my first adventure in my van and I'm really excited about meeting some like minded people!

yep they have a gym, it's called prospecting in the hills. it's outdoors and a great workout. plus no dues. highdesertranger

I'll either bring a few dewdads for the purpose, apprentice myself to HDR (gotta learn to prospect, to prospect), or say fuggit, lawl

ArtW said:
I'll either bring a few dewdads for the purpose, apprentice myself to HDR (gotta learn to prospect, to prospect), or say fuggit, lawl

ArtW
What does HDR, or say fuggit, lawl mean? If that is internet slang we don't usually see those terms on this forum.

lawl = lol

fuggit = a word we don't allow on our family friendly website

Lawl, I come from a southern Ohio family. I knew it immediately and it brought back childhood memories.

Also, questions about a gym may have referred to, where do I get a shower. There is a laundry in Q as well as Ehrenberg to shower. This has been brought up but these threads get long.

I am getting excited!!!!
Hubby is seriously considering this and I am up for it.
Now, to keep him focused and get things together for the trip.
Did I say I am ready?
Needless to say, I am so hoping and working toward that time in Arizona, Jan. 10-22, 2017!!!
He is making plans I am so happy!!!!

Do like my friend bring a walking stick and BE NOT AFRAID TO USE IT on aggressive other dogs. Not being a dog owner yet this is an observance. Just cannot believe that would keep you from living your life.

dragonflyinthesky said:
Also, questions about a gym may have referred to, where do I get a shower. There is a laundry in Q as well as Ehrenberg to shower. This has been brought up but these threads get long.

I know about the shower / laundry being there, I was actually thinking there might be a local gym where I could get in some sessions while I'm there
I'm no bodybuilder or powerlifter, but i do do a bit of recreational lifting, and I like to keep that habit when I can
Like I said I might bring some small weights or just blow it off, I need to work more on weight loss right now anyway

I will give you a workout moving rocks or digging holes if you want, and I won't charge anymore than the gym. in fact if you are good at it I might give you a discount. highdesertranger

Actually that might be better than the gym, being as how I'd be learning a bit about prospecting in the deal
But if I'm paying, you supply the tools  :p :D

I am coming to Rtr and sure looking forward to seeing old friends and make new friends.

You guys are my tribe.

This year is different. I will be traveling for a year and a half, all winter, the following summer, and the following winter.

It will be my third time "out".

I will be looking for opportunities to connect with birders and plant people and rock people.

ha ha, you pay enough and I will supply the tools and the beer. just kidding I will show you anything you want for free, well almost anything. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
ha ha,  you pay enough and I will supply the tools and the beer.  just kidding I will show you anything you want for free,  well almost anything.   highdesertranger

That's why we like HDR - can vouch for his beer supply.