2017 RTR in Quartzsite

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay you've convinced me to come out if I can....

What is the weather usually like in Quartzsite during the time of the RTR?

IMO, there is no 'usually' about it.

I dug out my winter ski jacket last year for a couple of evenings but we also ran around in t-shirts and some were in shorts during the day time.

Theoretically, it's one of the warmest spots in the US during the winter time but Mother Nature has her own definition of 'warmest spot'.

Come prepared for anything...worst that can happen is that you don't need either the heavy coat or the shorts.... :D

The trick is layers!!

Haha ok thanks. I just went through my clothes and kind of left a couple things out for each season so I should be good.

Did I miss the directions and calendar page? I dont do Facebook so please repost or direct me where to find it as it would be my first time..I would be coming frm SoCal down 10 east frwy I guess. Also from Bobs video I think frm last year (with Carol??) when he gives you step by step directions, looks like there was an area with plenty of trees..towards end of video..are there any trees or shade?
Thanks
LilNomad

DR jean, what kind of doctor are you????? Cindy could use a good psychiatrist, and will pay you with slices of pizza!!!!!!!

Can a psychiatrist prescribe some good hallucenogenics???

If you cross over into Cali I'm sure you can get some good stuff :D

you guys crack me down. Cant wait to see all the knuckleheads again. signed Chief Nucklehead

timotea said:
DR jean, what kind of doctor are you????? Cindy could use a good psychiatrist, and will pay you with slices of pizza!!!!!!!

Doc

Forget Cindy, this one is going to miss Detroit. I think you need to break out the big meds. ;)

jimindenver said:
Doc

Forget Cindy, this one is going to miss Detroit. I think you need to break out the big meds. ;)

LMAO Jim. You are so right. Sorry.. gotta go... dodging bullets now.....

Sorry kiddoes... just got bad news that my van build won't be until December 5th with a delivery date of FEBRUARY 21st! And then another week for the ramp to be installed. :(

There's a very good chance that I just might be able to make it out for a few days at least. I just need to turn in my vacation time request and hope the boss lady approves it.

Sorry to hear that Doc but there will be other gatherings. It's better to get what you need done right now than scramble to fix it up on the road. I look forward to the pleasure eventually in any event.

LilNomad said:
Did I miss the directions and calendar page? I dont do Facebook so please repost or direct me where to find it as it would be my first time..I would be coming frm SoCal down 10 east frwy I guess. Also from Bobs video I think frm last year (with Carol??) when he gives you step by step directions, looks like there was an area with plenty of trees..towards end of video..are there any trees or shade?
Thanks
LilNomad

The video with directions hasn't been re-posted yet, but I'll move it to the top of the priority list. 

There are a surprising number of trees for desert, but they are all down in the washes and most of the washes are too rutted and sandy to drive through to get down to them. But even so, there are still some trees for shade--just not enough!! The first few people will get them and then they will be gone!

But, the good news is that heat is almost never a problem in January if anything you will be looking for the sun.

Thanks Bob. If I can make it I plan on bringing the portable umbrella and I also have a Clam Pop up Shelter.
LilNomad