2017 RTR in Quartzsite

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Discount Solar and Solar Bill are the two places I'm familiar with

GotSmart said:
Firewood is purchased from local venders.  It is against the law to burn the brush, or import firewood. 

A bundle lasts a day or two for $5.

Let's go in on a cord 20 bucks each wad ye say I'm in

is there someone in town that sells bulk? I would chip in. those 5 buck bundles are a rip off. highdesertranger

I bought some good wood from a woodmonger 395 just going out of town heading North in Bishop right hand side big chunks Not really cheap but it beat the pants off Vons

Hey All,
I made the summer RTR and hope to make the long drive for the winter one. How many of us from the east coast are heading out and when are you getting on the road? I'm thinking right after New Year is when I'll hit the road. Maybe a loose knit caravan can be formed?
Greg0p

vtwinkicker said:
Hey All, Maybe a loose knit caravan can be formed?

That might be more difficult than you think to arrange!

Most of us are leaving at different times from different places for starters.

Then, we all like to wander at different speeds. Some are cool with overnighting in W/M and hitting the road at 8 AM, others want a real campsite and aren't ready to hit the road until at least 10 AM.

I found that trying to set up a caravan with us was more like trying to herd cats.... :D

And that was with us all starting out from the same spot and heading to the same destination.   :rolleyes:

I am coming up from the south end of Baja Mexico. Gonna get there early around Dec 9th ish. Will there be others or am I too early?
Dave

Just talked to friend in a LTVA he drove into our site and reported no one was there, Go to Ahrenburg. Less Ranger controlling.
And you will not be alone

Exit one is Ehrenberg. Go on the side that the big gas station is on, go east where the sign says dead end. The few of us here are about three plus miles south.
There are a few of us and we are scattered. You won't be alone but you may be on your own, meaning, there are no formal functions planned other than watching the sunset and cocktail hour.
Diane

vtwinkicker said:
Hey All,
I made the summer RTR and hope to make the long drive for the winter one. How many of us from the east coast are heading out and when are you getting on the road? I'm thinking right after New Year is when I'll hit the road. Maybe a loose knit caravan can be formed?
Greg0p

Hi Greg,

I am leaving from the East Coast on January 1st.  I haven't made my route yet, but I know I am making a few stops along the way. Where are you coming from? I am in S.C.

Caryn

Almost There said:
That might be more difficult than you think to arrange!

Most of us are leaving at different times from different places for starters.

Then, we all like to wander at different speeds. Some are cool with overnighting in W/M and hitting the road at 8 AM, others want a real campsite and aren't ready to hit the road until at least 10 AM.

I found that trying to set up a caravan with us was more like trying to herd cats.... :D

And that was with us all starting out from the same spot and heading to the same destination.   :rolleyes:

I'm sure it would be very difficult. Thats why I said loose caravan. My thinking was if people were leaving around the same time we could meet then head out at our own pace. Chances are we would run into each other several times during the journey. By meeting first we would recognize one another along the way. Just thinkin out loud.

Gypsysoul said:
Hi Greg,

I am leaving from the East Coast on January 1st.  I haven't made my route yet, but I know I am making a few stops along the way. Where are you coming from? I am in S.C.

Caryn

Caryn, I would be leaving from NY that first week of January.

Exchange cell #s and stay in touch every night or so......better than nothing!

Suddenly with a small change of events this becomes possible. All depends on whether I can get my bus in the next few weeks. For a couple of weeks i think I can manage on basic amenities, bed, gear, water, bucket. Aside from the usual basics I MUST have enough electric and batterie to run my CPAP. I suppose I would like to avoid the appearance of a mobile meth lab but stealth is out the window.

What are the rules on maintenance and construction of vehicles while on site? I'll be lucky if I can get the seats out by January but I could run a shuttle bus to town!

Dont dump motor oil or any other automotive fluid.  

That is about it for rules.

Trying to see if there's anything I can make even if the van doesn't arrive till Jan 21st...

The RTR is this group....January 10-22, 2017 in Quartzsite, AZ!

THEN
Sports, Vacation & RV Show (The Big Tent)
January 21 - January 29, 2017

and the iRV2 for Entegra Coach owners are invited to Gather together a few miles south of Quartzsite, AZ during the 2017 Quartzsite Sports, Vacation, and RV show. Coaches will gather from January 21st, 2017 (Saturday) through January 28th (Saturday)

and the Quartzsite Sports Vacation & RV Show is a 4 days event being held from 21th January to 24th January 2017

Quartzsite Market Place Street Fair
Oct. 31, 2016 - March 1, 2017
Desert Gardens - Gem & Mineral
January 01 - February 28, 2017
Tyson Wells Rock & Gem Show
January 06 - January 15, 2017

and The dates for the 10th Anniversary 2017 will be Monday February 6th, 2017 through Sunday February 12th, 2017 Fiberglass RV

Sigh. The only thing I'm interested in at this point is the RTR. :( Unless I get my van when it's DUE before Christmas... I'm missing it.