2017 RTR in Quartzsite

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pnolans said:

re: Dogs.  Mine are sweetie pies, but I have always leashed them around others that even MIGHT feel uncomfortable. They've always done well in off-leash dog parks around here.  But I consider it just courtesy to not make other dog (or cat, ferret, hippo ) owners feel concerned.
Taz will probably find any shade he can and just lay there and pant!  :)

Let the games (and learning/fellowship ) begin!

Pat

I hope nobody is foolish enough to bring a hippo into Quartzsite.  Camels have a history though.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi_Jolly

We will get visits from rangers, mostly trying to count heads and view permit parameters, they will generally leave you alone.
not sure if an over so many people permit is required, but the Rangers are aware this is their turf

Haha, funny people. Hippos at RTR! :s Camels would do better in that arid climate. My son and I watched a mother and young hippo at the Tucson zoo years ago. They were so playful and cute. I later learned they are considered the most dangerous animal in Africa.

I will be leaving the Baltimore, MD area on Jan 7, possibly 8th, en route to the RTR. I will be behind just about everybody, but if you need help or want to caravan you can contact me through the forum.

Let me know if anyone needs anything from my area. Would love to bring some steamed crabs, but they unfortunately wouldn't stay good through the trip...

Safe travels everyone!

Kathleen said:
Haha, funny people. Hippos at RTR! :s Camels would do better in that arid climate. My son and I watched a mother and young hippo at the Tucson zoo years ago. They were so playful and cute. I later learned they are considered the most dangerous animal in Africa.

like Jim said, as long as you keep it leashed, it should be ok... just a little arid for a hippo.

The place for hippo's is down by the river in Ehrenberg.   :D

This beats the leashed dog thread.  

[font=Verdana, Arial]"I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas"[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial]I want a hippopotamus for Christmas
Only a hippopotamus will do
Don't want a doll
No dinky tinker toys
I want a hippopotamus to play with and enjoy

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas
I don't think Santa Claus will mind do you
He won't have to use
A dirty chimney flue
Just bring him through the front door
That's the easy thing to do

I can see me now on Christmas morning
Creeping down the stairs
Oh what a joy and what surprise
When I open up my eyes
To see a hippo hero standing there

No crocodiles
No rhinoceroses
I only like hippopotamuses
And hippopotamuses like me too

Mom says a hippo would eat me up but then
Teacher says a hippo is a vegetarian

(Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way)

There's lots of room for him
In our two car garage
I'd feed him there
And wash him there
And give him his massage

I can see me now on Christmas morning
Creeping down the stairs
Oh what joy and what surprise
When I open up my eyes
And see a hippo hero standing there

No crocodiles
Or rhinoceroses-es
I only like hippopotamuses-es
And hippopotamuses like me too[/font]

GotSmart said:
The place for hippo's is down by the river in Ehrenberg.   :D

This beats the leashed dog thread.  

Yep, you win IMO.

pnolans said:
like Jim said, as long as you keep it leashed, it should be ok... just a little arid for a hippo.

If water wasn't such a big issue I'd say let's do a project and build a big pool! :angel:

My fav Christmas song, ever
[video=youtube]

I'm new to the forum so I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not, but I'm already in Ehrenberg and really looking forward to the RTR! Also, if it will help anyone that hasn't been to Quartzsite before, I just made a video about my favorite places there - vendors, food, laundry, shower, propane. I'll see you guys soon!