2017 RTR in Quartzsite

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All Reserved for you HDR
d03837e529003b79b8dcdf49dd911564.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Damn, you gave him the only spot within a half mile that has a tree..... :D :D :p 

Now where I am going to park... :rolleyes:

rvpopeye said:
A half mile away?

Okay, maybe only a quarter mile.... :p

The desert around Q has some smaller bushes and trees around the arroyos but other than that, for someone from the northeastern forested area, it's pretty bleak.

Saquero don't make much shade and you can't hang laundry to dry on them... :rolleyes:

Ehrenberg is even worse, I snagged the only tree in the area that was taller than my van.... :D

But then I found the Colorado river (thanks Diane) and all was good!!!

Sorry AT , I typed and clicked post before I could stop myself.......skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh

What , no Mesquite ?

I've spent a lot of time in the desert SW and am very happy with the lack of trees.

Ahhh, another desert rat!!... :D :p 

I'm more like a forest mouse.. :angel: 

I quickly found out last winter that I need trees and water to keep my soul happy! Oh, and big rocks like mountain rocks not the ones you get in your shoes. It was something new for me, I knew I was happiest in the forest but I thought it was in comparison with the concrete jungle!

I settled in quite happily on the Colorado and at Fortuna Pond and as long as I got to the hot springs with the palm trees once a day then Holtville was all good. Q, not so good!! I tolerate it for the sake of the RTR but that's it.

I'm happy most anywhere , as long as it doesn't look like a city !
And doesn't get cold ! At least when I'm there......

That will be the interesting thing about being down there. Here there are times that we know someone is out there but terrain and trees often give the sense of isolation. Down there I will be able to see a neighbor a long ways off and I bet they are closer than that in the Q.

and Almost there. If you really need some shade, I'll come stand by you. :)

Almost There said:
Damn, you gave him the only spot within a half mile that has a tree..... :D :D :p 

I was telling someone that I was camped next to a tree at the RTR... then I had to amend that to more of a big bush than a tree  :)

Almost There said:
I'm more like a forest mouse.. :angel: 

I quickly found out last winter that I need trees and water to keep my soul happy! Oh, and big rocks like mountain rocks not the ones you get in your shoes.

I settled in quite happily on the Colorado and at Fortuna Pond and as long as I got to the hot springs with the palm trees once a day then Holtville was all good. Q, not so good!! I tolerate it for the sake of the RTR but that's it.

I think I'm going to follow you!

Headache, we had quite a little entourage going on last winter!

At one point there was 8 or 9 vehicles all camped down on the Colorado that had all fled the desert plateau!

Evening campfires, group meals, always someone in camp while the rest ran errands...and just far enough apart that I couldn't hear snoring at night.... :D

And Ivy to make me get out of bed early in the morning!!! :rolleyes:

The Ivy almost there is talking about is my Ivy dog. If Beth wasn't up in time, Ivy scratched her door to hurry her up. Beth walks every morning at an ungodly hour that only a hyperactive dog can appreciate. If not watched closely, Ivy would steal Beth's shoes and socks. I think she may have outgrown her thriving ways.

I was wondering what the terrain looked like there, thanks for the pic!

ha ha ha ha Diane I think you mean her thieving ways. are you still practicing on that flute? see you at RTR. highdesertranger

Still practicing and not much better than when I started. Can't wait for the gathering, I miss so many of you.

I have never been to the RTR so I have a couple questions? How far from town is the RTR? What all goes on in Quartzsite during January? How do most people get into town? I'm in a class C so once I get to the RTR I really wouldn't want to move it. I am really excited to join you guys this year. I have so much to learn. Are their people there willing to help out with small repairs and also solar instillation?

it's a good long walk about 5 or so miles stock up before people going into town will help with water, food. I usually go once or twice.

Working on it, going to be tight, got things to do to get LittleRed road ready yet. At this point looks like a 40/60 chance working on improving that lol. Look forward to going when I do get the chance :) First for me also.

God Bless
Jack, Joy, and LittleRed

Latest posts