2017 RTR in Quartzsite

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
coffeewitholiver said:
I would like so much to be able to come.  I don't know how long it takes to get from Washington state to Quartzsite in a slow vehicle though.  I'll make a slowish beeline there, I guess!
Parker
It takes about 3 days of driving, if you go straight there. I'm in Salem, Oregon and I take it slow, like you. For the last 3 years, I've taken off after Thanksgiving and driven down the Oregon/California coastline. Takes me a month to get to San Diego. Then a half day to arrive in Quartzsite on the day it starts. It's much more fun to travel slow and explore as you go. And the expense for gas is spread out over a longer period time, so it isn't so shocking. [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

I am much closer than you and leave town after new years eve drive about 4-5 hours camp and repeat that usually 3 days 200 plus miles per day.

coffeewitholiver said:
I would like so much to be able to come.  I don't know how long it takes to get from Washington state to Quartzsite in a slow vehicle though.  I'll make a slowish beeline there, I guess!
Parker

I'd guess leave when you're ready and take your time, arriving early is not a problem.
Last year I arrived in the Quartzsite area in November, before Thanksgiving Day. I had no problems living free in the desert in either Quartzsite or the Ehrenburg area.

After the RTR was over I hung out down by the river in Ehrenburg for awhile then went down towards Yuma & out to the hotsprings by Holtville. Free camping, great people and comfortable weather.

I decided today that I am coming. Can't wait to meet all you crazy folks!

From Becida, rob. hung out with some great people, you sure did! We had some fun campfires and good meals didn't we?

After so many years of fulltime travel it seems like the whole country is a big RTR to me.
I have RVing friends everywhere and am always finding them over and over wherever I go.

Have fun folks , I'll be thinking about you while I shovel snow off my roof !!!!

Hello to all  :) ,

This will be my 3rd one, and this time I'm finally on the road for good, full time  "woo-hoo!!!    I just got my South Dakota residency, plates, insurance....... Freedom here we come ;)

Love, and safe travels to all !!  :heart:

We are hoping to be there but can't leave northeast until after Jan. 1.  It's a long drive especially in winter conditions.  So fingers crossed we can make it finally. (and the four legged one of us can't drive).

ColdBrook said:
We are hoping to be there but can't leave northeast until after Jan. 1.  It's a long drive especially in winter conditions.  So fingers crossed we can make it finally. (and the four legged one of us can't drive).

A 21 hr drive, & that's down I-5 (boring but generally better winter weather). I usually did it in 3 days.
https://goo.gl/maps/TdZs3GJSGnS2 

Good luck!

everyone please take your time and drive safe. it doesn't start until the 10th this year so even coming from the north east you should have plenty of time. if you don't make it by the 10th don't worry late comers are always welcome. highdesertranger

timotea said:
Tim the nurse is way looking forward to it. Wouldnt miss it.

Heyyy pal I wondered if you'd ever make it on this forum. Someone let you back in the house after last year's RTR huh? I'll be driving all the way from the northeast to get you drunk and hear you sing again. P.S. Sorry I didn't take your hat, my bald head prefers hoods.

I am here in Quartzsite where is everybody. Oh guess I am little to early.
cb9f9d27f6b510d63a0087e634d7ec9a.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

They might have all visited the cloaking device tent?????

Nice pic.

Plenty of spaces now! I won't be here to much longer but plan on being here in January.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk