2014 Chevy Express 2500 Van Build: Luisafernandes

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stude53 said:
Real creative, Luis.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'll bet it's good, too. Only other thing I would want was some cranberry relish to put on the toast.

Bob

Thank you, Happy Thanksgiving!

In this episode of "cooking in the van" (I actually used the cold house for the cooking. No smells in the homemobile), steak, mac and cheese, black beans with sweet peas, and cranberry sauce. And naked juice[emoji2]
87fdec8169874839a3ae863760c7f783.jpg

And this was a bit of my drive this morning to get supplies after the "storm";

This cold morning I bring to you live from my humble abode another episode of cooking in the van!
Today's menu: blueberry, blackberry and raspberry pancakes with scrambled eggs[emoji39] accompanied with mango Naked juice, because why not, it's a balmy 75 degrees inside, while outside its 25[emoji300]️[emoji301]️
dc3712806c9b1612b1a33df23e4f580b.jpg

6b22efb6edc931ff3e743cbb9625ca28.jpg

This morning when I woke up these were the temps;
a29f1dddc0b9fdff9c820d910d153004.jpg

I was a nice 26 degrees warmer[emoji10] hooray for insulation[emoji7]

I'm this episode of eating in the van, everything but the kitchen sink[emoji3]
And...I don't always drink naked, but when I do, I drink in the van[emoji604]
cb56de0175ad951e6e61421c107f0472.jpg

LeeRevell said:
I had wondered about the 'naked' thing. Glad to see it's just the brand name...... :)

[emoji4] yeah, it's just the juice. But I'm thinking of installing a swimming pool in the van so I can go skinny dipping[emoji23]

Hey, Luis ... they owe you money!

"If you purchased a Naked Juice product between Sept. 27, 2007 and Aug. 19, 2013, listen up. As part of a class action lawsuit over the brand's alleged misuse of health phrases, which parent company PepsiCo settled for $9 million, you may be entitled to a fistful of cash.

The website for the settlement, NakedJuiceClass.com, explains that the lawsuit took issue with Naked Juice's use of phrases like "100% Juice," "100% Fruit," "From Concentrate," "All Natural," "All Natural Fruit," "All Natural Fruit + Boosts" and "Non-GMO."

"The lawsuit claims that the [Naked Juice products] contain ingredients that are not "All Natural" and contain GMOs (or Genetically Modified Organisms)," reads the site. Some products are made with genetically altered soy, the lawsuit alleges.

PepsiCo refutes these claims, but agreed to a settlement that doles out up to $75 to Naked Juice consumers who can provide proof of purchase and up to $45 to those who can't. Interested parties can file a claim."

Google it.

Bob

stude53 said:
Hey, Luis ... they owe you money!

"If you purchased a Naked Juice product between Sept. 27, 2007 and Aug. 19, 2013, listen up. As part of a class action lawsuit over the brand's alleged misuse of health phrases, which parent company PepsiCo settled for $9 million, you may be entitled to a fistful of cash.

The website for the settlement, NakedJuiceClass.com, explains that the lawsuit took issue with Naked Juice's use of phrases like "100% Juice," "100% Fruit," "From Concentrate," "All Natural," "All Natural Fruit," "All Natural Fruit + Boosts" and "Non-GMO."

"The lawsuit claims that the [Naked Juice products] contain ingredients that are not "All Natural" and contain GMOs (or Genetically Modified Organisms)," reads the site. Some products are made with genetically altered soy, the lawsuit alleges.

PepsiCo refutes these claims, but agreed to a settlement that doles out up to $75 to Naked Juice consumers who can provide proof of purchase and up to $45 to those who can't. Interested parties can file a claim."

Google it.

Bob

Thanks for letting me know. Unfortunately I didn't save any receipts [emoji30]

I just wanted to say "thank you" for your posts regarding your temperature readings. It gives me hope that with insulation done properly I dont have to freeze my butt off here in Canada in the winter.

So thanks! :)

One Awesome Inch said:
I just wanted to say "thank you" for your posts regarding your temperature readings. It gives me hope that with insulation done properly I dont have to freeze my butt off here in Canada in the winter.

So thanks! :)

You're very welcome[emoji779]️[emoji106]
I'm not in Canada eh, so it may not be as cold here eh, but whatever insulation you can fit and afford is a whole lot better than nothing, eh[emoji4][emoji40][emoji56][emoji106]

So...I've been procrastinating since I got off from work Wednesday at 11am. Well, we did have that snow thing happen, and I did work cutting, staining and polying a piece of wood to hold the TV, but aside from that I've done nothing the whole long weekend.
So...probably like many of you I've waited till today, my last day to relax, but instead I've ran around like crazy doing stuff. I even had to go to Lowes twice because when I got home I realized that I was missing one thing, then I realized I was missing something else, before long I realized I was missing a whole bag. I called the manager and he was nice about and gave me everything I was missing[emoji106][emoji4] Phew[emoji779]️
So here's what I did today: I realized for the time being while I still have the house and electricity that I could heat the van with an electric heater. So I bought one. $29 at Lowes. Doing a very good job so far[emoji779]️[emoji106]
1ba8f6317011a60fb98c255571abc188.jpg

68c5581d4a76ad126cb4ff64b05f5105.jpg

Bought 20 pound pre-purged propane tank, 12' hose and Mr heater fuel filter;
d27329e696694266d931a50b414f87f5.jpg

Next weekend or the weekend after I'll build a vented box to house the tank[emoji375][emoji373]
And I hang up my TV[emoji1]. Here's the wood piece I prepared for support;
876201e9441e4b340fb854f425e959ca.jpg

It's held with 4 carriage bolts at both ends. Each bolt has 2 washers, one on either side;
The TV holder is held by 2 bolts, and when I'm driving I secure it with a bungee cord. I also used the protective cover that came with the TV, and cut a piece of cardboard (the one the TV came in) for protection against the bungee.
6212227ed89543f7721304f0c8deba6c.jpg

7e3cc718b607b50f27b3beceb2887a26.jpg

bc00f1b2df9fe2f8ae9b499c0963703a.jpg

4bbeb80edc632755972a1185be2fed84.jpg

7b4cb811ba08fecf8031962f2803f574.jpg

[emoji4] the phone works great to watch a movie, so does the IPad, but nothing beats a TV. And 24" in this space is like a 70" TV in a large living room [emoji41]
Possible future things I'll get are; paper thin flat indoor antenna for when I'm near TV stations, and a personal wifi hot spot. [emoji341]

MikeRuth said:
Luis, how deep are those cabinets?

Which ones Mike?

Luisafernandes said:
[emoji4] the phone works great to watch a movie, so does the IPad, but nothing beats a TV. And 24" in this space is like a 70" TV in a large living room [emoji41]
Possible future things I'll get are; paper thin flat indoor antenna for when I'm near TV stations, and a personal wifi hot spot. [emoji341]

Which ones Mike?

The ones above and to the left of the TV.

luis if you keep adding stuff you are going to have to get a bigger van. ha ha. highdesertranger

The one behind the TV, on the passenger side is 10" deep by 11" high. It's a little less high than the one on the driver's side because of my bike handles. The driver's side is 10" deep by 11 3/4 high.
The cabinet to the left of the TV, the one with the paper towel and weather station is 28" wide by 30" high by 16" deep. It's less deep where it angles (where the paper towel is). Also the biggest depth is at the bottom, it narrows to 10" on top.
The driver's side cabinet is 27" wide by 52" and 1/4 high (floor to ceiling) by 14" deep at the bottom.
My desk is 27" wide.
Hope that helps. Let me know, anything else I can help with I'm just a cyber walk way[emoji4]

highdesertranger said:
luis if you keep adding stuff you are going to have to get a bigger van. ha ha. highdesertranger

Listen, I had that idea way before you[emoji6]
As the build progresses, as I add more things, and continue to add[emoji15], I do so with the mind set that everything I get has a place and usefulness. If I can't store it out of the way when not being used then I'm not getting it.
Having said that...I may need a bigger van soon. Maybe I'll get Bobs trailer [emoji16][emoji40][emoji56]

I do have another ? is that Express std or extended?
I think were working with similar vehicles in size, I'm building a std Ford E-150.
for this purpose I wish I did have the extra 20" on a ext version but, hey I got what I got.

MikeRuth said:
I do have another ? is that Express std or extended?
I think were working with similar vehicles in size, I'm building a std Ford E-150.
for this purpose I wish I did have the extra 20" on a ext version but, hey I got what I got.

Mine is a standard size, Chevy 2500. I did want to buy the extended, but the place I went to buy it didn't have it and they gave me a pretty (I think. Hope) good deal, so I just got this. At times I think those extra 20" would be very welcomed. [emoji17]. Oh well.

I swear it's like buying a boat. Your always wishing for that extra two feet!

Latest posts