2014 Chevy Express 2500 Van Build: Luisafernandes

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cdiggy said:
I swear it's like buying a boat. Your always wishing for that extra two feet!

Ha ha I figured out how to get that extra two feet. I have no need for stealth so I'm free to put a hitch hauler out back. The swing away model will work just fine. I'm getting a diamond plate box fitted to the standard tray though - it will work better than the plastic box that can be bought.

It will be used for all the things that I don't want to be carrying in the van like the Honda generator, gas can etc.

Almost There said:
Ha ha I figured out how to get that extra two feet. I have no need for stealth so I'm free to put a hitch hauler out back. The swing away model will work just fine. I'm getting a diamond plate box fitted to the standard tray though - it will work better than the plastic box that can be bought.

It will be used for all the things that I don't want to be carrying in the van like the Honda generator, gas can etc.

That's another thing I might get in the future. Might. [emoji106]

Just a quick update on the electric heater.
I began using it on the floor right in front of the door dividing the cab from the back.
About an hour ago the temperature got as high as 89 degrees in here, even with the thing at it lowest setting. I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't stop, after all, I had the setting for 60, why was my van getting to almost 90?
So I began turning it away from me and facing more of the side door. It began to get some effect, but not much.
Then I turned it more towards the cab door. A little better. So I turned almost completely around, better.
I had realized before that with the two front windows open about 2" inches, that cold was getting to the thermostat, preventing it from stopping the heater. That's why I faced it towards the door.
Finally I realized something else very important. Heat rises, cold comes in from under the door at floor level.
I raised the heater up on a box that I pulled from under the desk and...its works[emoji779]️[emoji106]
Temperatures have been falling and its a lot more comfortable in here.
Before;
6b75e0d2c3534bae0a7d9ebbfc297219.jpg

Now;
9524614972475f55c89dfa2abe048f5c.jpg

Are you even using your side door? From this shot it looks like were looking at the bulhead door into the cab and stuff is stacked up on the right were the side door on a van would be located. Hmmmm me wonders if I could consider that. But my bed is exactly opposite the side door and during the day I may want the door open to just have the fresh air and view.
My bed is actually a folding couch. I gotta get some pics up for folks to see my progress.

TC, Mike R

MikeRuth said:
Are you even using your side door? From this shot it looks like were looking at the bulhead door into the cab and stuff is stacked up on the right were the side door on a van would be located. Hmmmm me wonders if I could consider that. But my bed is exactly opposite the side door and during the day I may want the door open to just have the fresh air and view.
My bed is actually a folding couch. I gotta get some pics up for folks to see my progress.

TC, Mike R

Mike, if you go back a few posts this is what you'll see;
980a3dbda557d5849e50339543764222.jpg

I blocked off one door but I can still go in through the right barn door.
Sometimes, like at bed time I do put things in there to be out of the way.

My basic build set up is in place. Now as I live in it more and more things will evolve to fit my needs better.

Thanks Luis, LOL@myself, I think I have been through all 37 pages in this thread 37 times now. I think after 20 years of fixing computers my mind no longer has the capacity to store information. RAM IS FAILING.

As much as I hate it, I to am guilty of asking before looking sometimes.

TC, Mike R

MikeRuth said:
Thanks Luis, LOL@myself, I think I have been through all 37 pages in this thread 37 times now. I think after 20 years of fixing computers my mind no longer has the capacity to store information. RAM IS FAILING.

As much as I hate it, I to am guilty of asking before looking sometimes.

TC, Mike R

No big deal, ask as many times and questions as you like. [emoji106]

Ok, today my thread has officially gone to the dumps.
It's been threatening for the past day or so but this morning was inevitable. I'm amazed that I've been able to go this long not having to, or avoiding it at all costs.
If you still don't know what I'm talking about let me give you the fallowing illustration.
In Star Trek, captain Picard had a guy by the name of Will as his number 1. I'm the captain of my rolling earth-ship, but today instead of giving orders I had to obey my number 2 [emoji90]
Clear enough? I really don't want to go into many details here, but let me just say that it's very easy. Easier than I thought.
I used these and they worked very well;
dc8d3ca8543debd6d6ccf1e4a8041493.jpg

Captain out-[emoji604][emoji573]

What's worse, is that as you get older the time between natures first call, and the actual act becomes less and less. I think I'm down to nano-seconds! :)
Bob

akrvbob said:
What's worse, is that as you get older the time between natures first call, and the actual act becomes less and less. I think I'm down to nano-seconds! :)
Bob

[emoji23] I know exactly what you mean. I tried to hold it till I got to work-only one mile way-but no chance. All of a sudden I'm rushing to get everything I need. [emoji372][emoji87]

Anywhere but here this would be considered Too-Much-Information!!

It's amazing how nearly ever time I visit with other vandweelers the topic of potti-habits almost always comes up! :)
Bob

Luisafernandes said:
Ok, today my thread has officially gone to the dumps.
It's been threatening for the past day or so but this morning was inevitable. I'm amazed that I've been able to go this long not having to, or avoiding it at all costs.
If you still don't know what I'm talking about let me give you the fallowing illustration.
In Star Trek, captain Picard had a guy by the name of Will as his number 1. I'm the captain of my rolling earth-ship, but today instead of giving orders I had to obey my number 2 [emoji90]
Clear enough? I really don't want to go into many details here, but let me just say that it's very easy. Easier than I thought.
I used these and they worked very well;
dc8d3ca8543debd6d6ccf1e4a8041493.jpg

Captain out-[emoji604][emoji573]

Oh man that's a funny, I know it wasn't at the time though.

nature is one element we cannot ignore.

TC

MikeRuth said:
Oh man that's a funny, I know it wasn't at the time though.

nature is one element we cannot ignore.

TC

Mike, I'm here at the service of my fellow vandwellers. If I can make someone laugh instead of cry, rejoice on the positives instead of dwelling on the negatives, then it's all worth it, isn't it?! [emoji4]

akrvbob said:
Anywhere but here this would be considered Too-Much-Information!!

It's amazing how nearly ever time I visit with other vandweelers the topic of potti-habits almost always comes up! :)
Bob

[emoji1] we humans have 5 vital functions; breathe, eat, drink, pee and poop. It should only be natural to talk about it, especially if someone has never done it but wants to know what it's like.
I learned from you folks on CRVL that it was no big deal. That it didn't smell if done the proper way. And it didn't. And it wasn't a big deal. But when I get back to the "ice cube" aka-house, il be putting a 5 gallon bucket in the van. I already had one, but somehow it got filled with stuff in the trunk area. I had to use a smaller one I keep by the door with a couple spray bottles. And yes, I do have a luggable loo.
I kept the description very discreet, but I'm thinking of doing an informercial next time [emoji85][emoji86][emoji87][emoji103][emoji102][emoji1]

Luisafernandes said:
[emoji1] we humans have 5 vital functions; breathe, eat, drink, pee and poop. It should only be natural to talk about it, especially if someone has never done it but wants to know what it's like.
I learned from you folks on CRVL that it was no big deal. That it didn't smell if done the proper way. And it didn't. And it wasn't a big deal. But when I get back to the "ice cube" aka-house, il be putting a 5 gallon bucket in the van. I already had one, but somehow it got filled with stuff in the trunk area. I had to use a smaller one I keep by the door with a couple spray bottles. And yes, I do have a luggable loo.
I kept the description very discreet, but I'm thinking of doing an informercial next time [emoji85][emoji86][emoji87][emoji103][emoji102][emoji1]

Oh please don't gobble down the beans first:mad::mad::mad::

Luisafernandes said:

Video. Could go viral on Youtube........ :D

And there is a sixth vital function of humanity. Else we won't have any Little Vandwellers......... :rolleyes:

Latest posts