2006 Ford E450 Box Truck into a Mobile, Livable Recording Studio/Tour Van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron

Reaction score
I've been dreaming of making this happen for a couple years. Finally purchased the box truck from U-haul in July.

There's been a bit of delay in really getting this bad boy converted due to work obligations, but now that things have slowed down I am able to put more time into the dream. Luckily, I was able to use that time to get a solid plan of action ready.

Sadly, the images are too large and I can't post them here (any tips on this?)

As of today I've done the following: Cut a pass through between cab and box, installed accordian seal in between them, cut hole for vent fan, extended the wood beams to give depth for 3" soundproof/fireproof insulation, started layering with reflectix, screwed in first 4x8 insulation + plywood panel at front-most point of ceiling

Coming up next: Finish layering reflectix + vapor barrier, Install Fan-Tastic vent fan, screw in second 4x8 insulation + plywood panel with vent fan hole pre-cut, Insulate mom's attic and cover with plywood (will upholster later), Cover new insulation with plywood, Screw 4x8 plywood into mom's attic hanging half of it off the edge

This will keep me occupied for a while

Will be back with updates! Hopefully I'll have this picture thing figured out by then.....

if you are using widows copy your pic into paint and cut the pixels down. we are waiting lol. highdesertranger

You can also upload them to a free image hosting site that will adjust for whatever size you choose. Looking forward to seeing your project.

29chico,
You asked if it was a diesel. It's not. It is a 6.8L V10 Gas Engine. Would be super rad if it was a diesel though, i do admit. Why do you ask?

Oops, picture problem not quite solved yet!

On Firefox browser, W10, only shows the round thingie where the pic should be.

IIRC, privacy settings need to be turned off at your end so anyone can see the pics.

Aaron said:
29chico,
You asked if it was a diesel. It's not. It is a 6.8L V10 Gas Engine. Would be super rad if it was a diesel though, i do admit. Why do you ask?

If it was a diesel it would be the infamous 6.0 Powerstroke.  Not good.  A bad design that Ford never made good on.

Aaron said:
29chico,

29chico said:
If it was a diesel it would be the infamous 6.0 Powerstroke.  Not good.  A bad design that Ford never made good on.

Wow that's good to know. When I was looking for box trucks I actually considered buying a giant 16' Ford with the V8 Powerstroke for around the same price as the one I went with. The reliability of a used U-haul spoke out to me more than the extra few feet of space, pre-installed windows and... apparently a poorly designed engine.

Almost There said:
Oops, picture problem not quite solved yet!

On Firefox browser, W10, only shows the round thingie where the pic should be.

IIRC, privacy settings need to be turned off at your end so anyone can see the pics.

How would I go about changing these settings? Do I change them on the host site? What does IIRC mean, are you talking about Internet Relay Chat?

Aaron said:
How would I go about changing these settings? Do I change them on the host site? What does IIRC mean, are you talking about Internet Relay Chat?

Since we don't know what  host site you used, can't help with where the settings are.

IIRC - If I Remember Correctly.

I don't use a host site for pics, I use Paint to resize any pics I want to put up here. I bring them down to about 640 pixels and the program does the other calculation for me. Click 'save as' so you get to keep the original pic as well as the resized one. Then upload it here.

Almost There said:
Since we don't know what  host site you used, can't help with where the settings are.

IIRC - If I Remember Correctly.

I don't use a host site for pics, I use Paint to resize any pics I want to put up here. I bring them down to about 640 pixels and the program does the other calculation for me. Click 'save as' so you get to keep the original pic as well as the resized one. Then upload it here.

Oh. You drive a good point madame. I'm using google photos to host. I should have mentioned that in an earlier post. That rhymed.

I wonder why they show in Firefox W7 and not in Firefox W10.

I just changed the sharing options on the album these photos are in. Can you see them now?

Aaron said:
Oh. You drive a good point madame. I'm using google photos to host. I should have mentioned that in an earlier post. That rhymed.

I wonder why they show in Firefox W7 and not in Firefox W10.

I just changed the sharing options on the album these photos are in. Can you see them now?

Nope, I went back to the post with the pics in it and still have nothing but the little circles.

Edit to add: I went in to this thread with Chrome as well, it's got a whole bunch of gobblegook but no pics there either.

IIRC = if I remember correctly. I can't help you with the pics on another site. the pics I post are off my computer. highdesertranger

oops I posted before reading the 2nd page.