1993 Ford Club Wagon (Juanita born again)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohhhh a machinist sounds expen$ive!
I might be wrong but it's possible that those pieces could come from other vans of the same make and close years.?. Keep looking if they don't have the right ones.
Junk yard dogs , err employees are usually pretty good at knowing what will fit and how to "improvise" BTDT!

Was going to go to the junk yard this Monday when my son-in-law could go with me, but it just occurred to me that Monday is a holiday, so will probably have to wait a week.

I did get a little more done today on the floor thanks to some real manual labor!!

ManualLabor.jpg

This last piece was a booger, but mostly because we were all pretty worn out by then!

LastPiece.jpg

But she's looking good!

LookingGood.jpg

This is the right side:

RightSide.jpg

And this is the "elephant on the left" side:

Elephant.jpg

It will be interesting to see how I finally solve this really big, really ugly, octopus looking monstrosity!!  :D

Attachments

• ManualLabor.jpg
    ManualLabor.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 15
  • LastPiece.jpg
    LastPiece.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 13
  • LookingGood.jpg
    LookingGood.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Elephant.jpg
    Elephant.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 19
  • RightSide.jpg
    RightSide.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 10
Try calling this place.  

K&M Auto Salvage.
573~474~2097.

4901 Wyatt Lane
Columbia MO

I think you will like the owner. She has an attitude also.   ;)

LOL... I tried K&M, nothing as old as my van! I've tried a ton and Chuck's is the first to have a couple of "vans like that" in the yard! Luckily the things I want and need are not really "year specific". The tail light lens is year specific and the only one I can find is from Ford and it's $100. Yee haw LOL

Had a wonderful morning at Chuck's Auto Salvage!!

ChucksAutoSalvage.jpg

Juanita is on the far right!

ExtClubWagon.jpg

We managed to get the striker plates I needed, a passenger side mirror (that I kept forgetting I needed), some weird piece for one of the doors to keep it from flying open, and a set of rain guards that may or may not work (and another set for a pickup) for $50.

Then... we went to the car wash... holy cow, batman!!

FortyDaysOfRain.jpg

Three windows were leaking... one a little (this one)

LeakyArk.jpg

And one a whole, whole, bunch (this one)!!!

A friend of a friend of a friend was at my daughter's tonight and he said the windows are bolted on, so it will be pretty simple to unbolt, reseal and then rebolt them back on... Simple... Yup, that's about how I feel just thinking about it LOL

Attachments

• ChucksAutoSalvage.jpg
    ChucksAutoSalvage.jpg
    524.9 KB · Views: 10
  • ExtClubWagon.jpg
    ExtClubWagon.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 5
  • FortyDaysOfRain.jpg
    FortyDaysOfRain.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 11
  • LeakyArk.jpg
    LeakyArk.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 12
Having just noticed the name of your rig, I was reminded of this Ray Stevens song:

[video=youtube]

Hopefully you'll at least get a chuckle out of it.

Chuckle my ass... I think I woke the girls up laughing so hard!!!! Hmmm.... What I hear you saying, though, is to get her a social security card!!! LOL

My son-in-law got the striker plates on and a few more bolts removed from the floor. When doing the striker plates, he noticed that the whole latch assembly was bent up, so have to go get one of those from the junkyard... and they also removed the latch cables at some point, so had to order those today. The important part is that the doors are latched shut and will not accidentally fly open while I'm speeding down the highway (or rambling on a side road)!

On a GREAT note, though, I will be taking her camping this weekend!! I'm so freakin' excited!!

AbuelaLoca said:
On a GREAT note, though, I will be taking her camping this weekend!! I'm so freakin' excited!!

SWEET!!!!  Hope you have a blast!!

I have to drive the van to work tonight because everyone is working late and I have to go in early, so I went to pick her up and I couldn't resist taking a picture of the mess! She ain't quite right for camping yet!! That is my bed, though, so I will sleep well! Ha

ReadyToCamp.jpg

Attachments

• ReadyToCamp.jpg
    ReadyToCamp.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 16
the dirty little secret of vandwelling is all you really need is a soft place to sleep,the first van i lived in was a 68 chevy with a queen bed in the back, a cooler and a grate out of an oven to cook on but that was when i was a youngin and not smart/dumb enough to worry

I think it's more than ready.
All you really need is a sleeping bag/blankets and some peanut butter , jelly ,loaf of bread and a knife.

As I've related here before, my post high school graduation camping weekend consisted of us forgetting the vast majority of the food, so we had gin and tang for our meals, and plain gin the rest of the time. you are good to go!!

Have a good time camping. You'll really get a clearer picture of what you need to tweak.