You Ain't Right Club

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rvpopeye said:
There ARE "other ways".........

Another option would of course be telling me a pirate joke I've never heard before............

In 2300+ posts someone surely has said, "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member" and that's where I'm at.

I'll post a joke anyway:

For Halloween the little boy was dressed up as a pirate.

His mom took him over to his grandparents house so they could see his cute little costume which included an oversized tricorne pirate's hat.

His grampa asked him, "If you're a pirate, where are your buccaneers?"

The little boy looked puzzled for a moment but then said...

"Under my buckin' hat!"

Did you hear about the leprechaun rapist?

He's a little bucker, about yay high.

Some Novembers ago, I was sailing with two friends on Michigan on a windy day.
The boat was heeling  a lot, and then one says "If the tilt gauge goes up to 35, I'll walk on the mast and you take my picture.
Few minutes later, the wind picks up and the gauge hits 35, and I made him do it. As he goes higher up the mast the boat heels even more and the water washes over in the cockpit drenching me and the second guy, while my buddy is riding up on the mast is screaming "Yee-haaawwww" to the wind and laughing his head off. We could have capsized the damn boat for horseplay. He was 71 at the time, and I still feel guilty to this day, I could have killed him.

Sofisintown said:
.... my buddy is riding up on the mast is screaming "Yee-haaawwww" to the wind and laughing his head off. We could have capsized the damn boat for horseplay. He was 71 at the time, and I still feel guilty to this day, I could have killed him.

I've heard it said many times....."there's no fool like an old fool".

slow2day said:
I've heard it said many times....."there's no fool like an old fool".
I'm afraid I was not better than the rest.
I couldn't take pictures to the end, because we were bailing water like crazy, but here's some before it got too ugly! :D  :D  :D 
The three fools3.jpg
Up goes Ian1.jpg
And that's the angle4.jpg

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    582.1 KB
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    489.8 KB
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1.2 MB
You haven’t lived until you are surfing down a 25’ wave doing 13.5 knots and Broach watching the boom slam into the sea, quite a rush. On top of that, it was 1 of 3 broaches that night, oh Lordy, ?

Boutdun said:
You haven’t lived until you are surfing down a 25’ wave doing 13.5 knots and Broach watching the boom slam into the sea, quite a rush. On top of that, it was 1 of 3 broaches that night, oh Lordy, ?
Welcome to the forum, Boutdun 4.

I think I saw you broach. I was on Ocracoke back in the early 1980s, and saw this group led by this big muscled guy with this big smile on his face launch a 15-16' cat into the surf with 4 people on board. They hit the very first wave, the cat turned sideways, and over she went in a second. Demasted it. The 4 people came up sputtering for air. One of the shortest afternoon outings in history, I think. (glad you survived to live another day).

I should add that, in the interest of full disclosure, at that same time I had a little 17' sailboat, and managed to demast it too .... on dry land of all things. What a klutz. They say the best day of yer life is the day you buy the boat, and the 2nd best day of yer life is the day you sell the boat.

Sofisintown said:
I'm afraid I was not better than the rest.
I couldn't take pictures to the end, because we were bailing water like crazy, but here's some before it got too ugly! :D  :D  :D 
The three fools
Up goes Ian
And that's the angle

were you just practicing to go under low bridges?

when you can't afford a 3 wheeler ATV for the beach or beer runs to the convenience store. ...

light weight and small enough to tote around on a little hitch platform on the back of a van...get a ryobi chainsaw and an old kids bike and start hacking and welding.

of course there is the very real risk of having it stolen by a clown or having people assume you are a clown when you ride it.
beach buggy.jpg

Attachments

• beach buggy.jpg
    beach buggy.jpg
    53.9 KB
slow2day
That one goes WAAAAYYY back !
Sorry.
But for the snappy responses....
Welcome to YARC
Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh

gypsyjan
Leprachaun Pirates , huh ?
I don't think so !
Sorry, no cigar. You "Ain't Right" to try such a trick................hmmmmmmmmm

so I guess you're IN too !
Welcome aboard the crazy boat , aallllllllllllllllllllll ABOARD ! skuh kuh kuh-kuh-ku (see what I did with the echo there ? That was my favorite part ...2 1/2 repeats ,,,tasty !)

latah gatahs

maki

That pic twice you did post. ( I heard Yoda , I don't know 'bout you.) You "Ain't Right"... as always.

The rest of you "sailors" .
Arrrrrrrrrrr "yawl" will end up with Davey Jones wit tricks like that !
The Kraken iz watchin' ya,,,, don't "slip" up...........er ya'll be rowin' ta not be LUNCH.

I warned you are that the escape from a nursing home story wasn’t that great. But no reaction to it at all? No feedback? Oh I know why no feedback; you folks ain’t right. When I was a kid we sang songs about Popeyes. (I prefer pot pie, That’s why I’m so darn fat.) So here goes one you probably all heard “ I’m Popeye the sailor man I live in a frying pan you turn on the gas and I burn my..... I’m Popeye the sailor man.” Then the one that goes “I’m Popeye the sailor man, I like to go swimming with bowlegged women and swim between their legs and swim between their legs”. Or “I’m Popeye the sailor man I like to go swimming with Barenaked women and swim between their legs; and swim between their legs” God bless the nomads even the ones that ain’t all right

Hmmm. I seem normal to me, much to my sorrow. Maybe some who have met me can come up with ways I'm not right. Maybe just actually wanting to join is enough not rightness?

Nature Love, I read the story with interest. Good on you for making the escape happen.