You Ain't Right Club

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday, HDR officially labelled the poop thread as YACR, so I don't need to say anymore.

I was attempting to get some of the members posting there to post here because some truly ain't right. highdesertranger

... "some of the members ...". You might make a diplomat yet, HDR.

yeah I wasn't going to mention names, but now that you brought it up Q I think you should set an example. LOL highdesertranger

Well, HDR, I guess you can always close that thread down. Strangely enough, or maybe not, a lot of threads I have been on have been closed down, :). There may be a pattern there.

I don’t want to belong to any club that would accept me as one of its members.

— Groucho (not Karl) Marx

HDR
In addition to CRVL I'm also riding herd on a troop of YARCs  , the CRVL renegades over on the  vandwellerforum , some retired truckers over at IRv2 , one starting up ? in Russia , three different musician sites , AND my personal close friends too (no surprise there...).  Skuh kuh kuh kuh
So appreciate your help here.!! A LOT.

I don't have enough time to go around most days.

(BTW in case the news never made it here) Gunny has passed , in his RV ,in a campground , so he did get to live the dream for a time !

YARC visitors :
Welcome to the thread.
I look forward to your stories...
Go back to post #1 FMI
I was going to say PM me if you have questions , but not here enough to respond timely. Eeeeee Male me (forum name attttt y a hoo )and I'll pop back in ta do me duty ASAP.

Roamer
Is in with that post of "Ain't Rightness " sorry the concept is difficult to get at first but hang in there . Stinkin Badge.jpg here's your badge .

travelaround (T. A.)
(You're in good company many of our members are dogs and bring their humans to do the driving) complaint noted but I need to do more investigation of that thread before I give them any awards.
I do still need your story of "Ain't Rightness" for the "Stinkin' Badge" , but you're in .  

LivGolden
Looks like I need a sub chapter to "go to the dogs", under advisement.
Provisional membership  for agreeing with T. A. post up your "Ain't Right" moment ..

Qin Reno
Seems like I should know you ..  Are you already in under an old forum name ?

John 61
The quote is familiar but it's not your story !
I'm giving you a Flying Manure Spreader Award though.
(It somehow seems appropriate) flying-manure-spreader.jpg

T W O h s,,,,P. O.

Attachments

• Stinkin Badge.jpg
    Stinkin Badge.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 7
  • flying-manure-spreader.jpg
    flying-manure-spreader.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 6
rvpopeye said:
Qin Reno
Seems like I should know you ..  Are you already in under an old forum name ?
Hello popeye. 
No, this is the only RV forum I yam on, and I yam only been in the van world for about a year. I tracked down the vandwellerforum, and seen the YARC section. Will have to read over there, and also go back in this thread ... to see what all the commotion is about. I yam also seeing that several CRVL members are over there, and they yare allowing politico discussions over there, so the YARCers can vent a bit. All good.

Pfft. Normal is just what a person is UNTIL you get to know them.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

I plead the 5th

Q
Yes ,and a lot still here too.
More of the same only a bit different.
I just jump from YARC to YARC these days.
Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh

ps
There's an award for reading all of both YARC threads here and there.
(If you have a LOT of time to spare , it should only take a month or so depending on how much you can take at once....... )

Rowan
Pleading a fifth of what ?

HDR
The paydirt gig sounds like fun.
There's paydirt here too , we call it a beach.
All you need is a fall storm and an extra low tide , pop out the metal detector .....and find everything the tourists lost last summah ,,,OH AYUH

Dear Mr. Popeye,

While I'd liked to have joined the YARC Club by simply agreeing with others, it's not right. I won't even attempt to claim that constitutes becoming a member of the YARC (though it might...)

I don't usually tell this Story as my mother asked me to stop telling it, 47 years ago. 

My older sister was every teacher's dream. Nancy was smart, pretty and athletic. She could also sing like an angel. Each year the choir director would send a message to our mother that she could not wait until I graduated from Jr. High to High School so I could join her choir and also a Club she sponsored for nice young ladies.

To give you an idea of how different my sister and I were - while Nancy was taking piano lessons, I was taking the money my parents had given me to pay Mrs. Pluess and I was paying some old guy to let me ride his horse across the parade field in front of Mrs. Pluess's house. Mrs. Pluess and I had a deal - neither of us would tell...?

Anyway, the day came when I graduated to High School. I showed up at the choir teacher's door and she met me there. She embraced me and told me how happy she was to finally have Nancy's sister in her choir. She asked me to sing for her. To audition. 

I was puzzled at why Mrs. Seale was tearing-up during my audition.  I thought I was pulling off a great rendition of "Oh, What A Beautiful Doll". But Mrs. Seale looked awfully sad. And that's a happy song!

My sister couldn't keep her emotions in tact, either. Nancy had a bit of an attitude, at times. 

After the school nurse released Mrs. Seale to come back to class, I asked her if she thought I was an 'alto' or a 'soprano'. Mrs. Seale looked puzzled. My sister tried to intervene by telling Mrs. Seale that we had both been taking piano lessons from Mrs. Pluess and that I would probably be happier playing the piano for the choir.

Oh, dear...

Anyway, make a long story short -

Mrs. Seale asked if I was sure I did not want to take an art class or a jewelry making class instead of choir. I told her I would but that I most definitely could not because, more than anything, I wanted to be a member of her Nice Young Ladies Club!

Mrs. Seale seemed excited or exasperated. One of the two...

"Liv, I will make an exception just for you. You may become a Nice Young Lady without having to be in my Choir."

"Oh, yes, please! What do I have to do?"

"Simply relay an incident where you had to rely on being a nice young lady."

Well, I thought about it and then I remembered when -

"One day our New Orleans-born Creole grandmother discovered photographs of young women whom our grandfather had known while serving in Brussels during the Great War. When the US Army found out that Grandpapa spoke a peculiar type of French, he was reassigned from submarine duty to be a War Correspondent for our Government. I knew this because Grandpapa spent his twilight years drinking brandy and reminiscing to we grandchildren about the perks of his duties. 

"Well, after Grandpapa died, Grandmama found about 100 photographs Grandpapa kept safe in a box under their bed. They were all of naked women - in various poses."

"Liv, how does this prove you were or are a Nice Young Lady?"

"Well, I don't want to tattle but when our mother heard about her papa's photo collection, Mother said mean things. Nancy didn't handle it any better, telling Grandmama she should write a letter to Grandpapa even through he was likely in you-know-where and wouldn't know the difference or care. Well, I took a more lady-like approach." 

"What pray-tell do you mean?"

"Well, I'll tell you. I spread out each of those photographs and to make our dear grandmother feel better, I noted the posture of each one of those women, accordingly."

That, Mr. Popeye, was the very first I'd ever I heard of the YARC.

Let me know how my application goes, soon as you know.

If this doesn't get me in, I'd like to agree someone in a previous post, please.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
Liv

Liv

Nowwwwwww
THAT'S a story of "Ain't Rightness" fer sure !
Sums uv us iz just "Ain't Right" frum da beginnin'
You're a natural. No training required

Your "Stinkin' Badge" .Stinkin Badge.jpg

I know a lot of musicians that spent their music lesson money on something else....sometimes it's just the wiser choice !
As a musician , I thank you for your choice back then!
I'm sure that chorus teacher enjoyed the audition very much , and too bad her plan B didn't work out so well . Hope she had a plan C !

For that alone I hereby award you the "Special Whatever Cluster".
Special Whatever cluster.jpg

T W O h s,,,,P. O.

Attachments

• Stinkin Badge.jpg
    Stinkin Badge.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 5
  • Special Whatever cluster.jpg
    Special Whatever cluster.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 7
rvpopeye said:
Q
Yes ,and a lot still here too.
More of the same only a bit different.
I just jump from YARC to YARC these days.
Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh
Liv has to audition to get into YARC, cause she's so sweet. Like a little pohtaytoe. But I can just act like my normal self. To the untrained ear, I sound normal, but if a vote were taken amongst CRVL forum members who have read my posts, I'm be elected a YARC Board Member in a quick flash. 

You notice how HDR gave me special note. I don't need to paint no pictures. I don't need to strike no poses. This ain't no disco, this ain't no foolin' around. I've changed my hair style so many times now, I don't know what I look like.

Congratulations, Liv...

I didn't get a badge so I guess I don't know the rules of entry into the club.

I should probably go back and read the entire thread to find out what's really going on in here, but since we're on page 166, that's probably not going to happen.

T.A.
Just the fact that you actually want to be in got you that far...yeah it's that easy.
(Usually)

I didn't realize your first post was actually your story of "Ain't Rightness" .
They typically are a bit more ,,,,errr as Grace Jones called herself in Mad Max Stran--ge' !

It sounded more like a complaint about the wording of getting "rid" of a dog to me at the time.
Was that the moment you realized "You Ain't Right" ? I thought there may be more to it. As you will see if you do read more of the thread .

(Reading it all is not required , it just sort of gets you in the groove.)

Are you by any chance a musician ?

travelaround said:
Congratulations, Liv...

Thanks. TA. I got a badge! I even got a special whatever cluster. I can't tell on this small screen but the SWC looks like a group of long necked ducks wearing green bandanas.  :huh:

Psss...Just say something outrageous. You'll get in. ;)

Good luck-

@RVPopeye: "...Rowan Pleading a fifth of what ?..."

Hmm, well I know that alcohol comes in fifths. Except, I don't really drink much at all sooo.

Actually, I once lived over a liquor store and when my landlord (who owned the liquor store) went on vacation for 3 weeks I filled in for him at the store for 3 weeks off my rent. Except, I didn't know a fifth from a pint or what was Gin, Whiskey, Bourbon etc and I have never smoked so I didn't know the brands or anything. All of the customers had to point in the general direction and then play hot or cold until I found what they wanted. This is a lot harder than it sounds, when half the customers came in already drunk and apparently seeing double.