You Ain't Right Club

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a few show up yesterday here for the mini YARC gtg. Two couples and two singles showed. All I’ve camped with previously.

Joker showed up with a new spectacular ain’t right hat and Georgie has a pretty nasty cold so came in to the RV with what she could find plastered on her face so she didn’t spread germs. It definitely ain’t right to wear a poise pad or Kotex on your face...

Aren’t they great? So glad to see them again!

6ccfec09374b1896345d47c004904104.jpg

Unfortunately Joker doesn’t know if he can get out to YARC Camp this winter. He rode with me about a bazillion times out into the desert and was my main rock collecting bud.

This is the biggest one brought back to camp last year.

724e81df264892e0cd69672ec273f599.jpg

Not going to go there with that mask.  But I will ask about that boulder errr rock, like what attracted you to it, or is it to be utilized for a special purpose at your camp? Too big for a paperweight.

It’s solid white quartz just dirty. It’s used as a stand for the camp gnome.

f6819defc31fc71dc45916302caf967d.jpg

That rock is very cool. It is like the centerpiece of YARC camp. I tried to move it when I visited the camp in January and couldn't get it to budge, I have no idea how they got it into the UTV. Whew. Gypsy Joker is awesome.

The only thing might be better would be a shiny white alabaster statue of a nude Popeye standing on one leg, ummm I mean Kokopelli.

rvpopeye said: Being right is delusional.
You must resist.

There is a cure, you know. It's called insanity. I highly recommend it. It has worked for me for many years.

You got that backwards.
Insanity is the alternative to "Ain't Right".
Right ?

Cammalu said:
It’s solid white quartz just dirty.  It’s used as a stand for the camp gnome.
For the benefit of any vandwellers who might be thinking of staying at YARC camp this winter, be advised that it's about a mile to the nearest toilet, and strictly speaking La Posa South says non fully-contained vehicles are required to park within 500' of a toilet. However, somehow YARC camp got a special dispensation from on-High last winter where potta-pottis were allowed. Some kind of gnome magic or something.

I hope Cammalu has been working on that alabaster statue of popeye, cause that just ... ain't right.  :angel:

Two of the all time best songs.

Somebody listened to Tull growing up Qx3 ?

I did like some of the vox fx they used on him.
But my name's not Ian.
I don't think I was ever that fuzzy.....

Maybe somebody can find a standing gnome and cut off a leg ???

After you wrote "If you keep your eyes open as wide as you can , they get totally freaked out" a while back, all I've been thinking about is Ian Anderson, his Kokopelli flute, and standing on one leg. He'd make a good addition to YARC camp. In the shuffling madness ....

Qxxx said:
For the benefit of any vandwellers who might be thinking of staying at YARC camp this winter, be advised that it's about a mile to the nearest toilet, and strictly speaking La Posa South says non fully-contained vehicles are required to park within 500' of a toilet. However, somehow YARC camp got a special dispensation from on-High last winter where potta-pottis were allowed. Some kind of gnome magic or something.

I hope Cammalu has been working on that alabaster statue of popeye, cause that just ... ain't right.  :angel:

Two of the all time best songs.

I am thinking the rangers were too overwhelmed by your YARC abundance of attitude to even try to discuss the situation with the bunch of you. It would have been rather like trying to beat their heads against that big quartz rock you hauled in for a gnome stand. Some situations are simply hopeless.

Well, they did get special dispensation for use of porta-pottis, which is outside the normal rules in LPS. From what other people in LPS told me, the volunteers who man the entrance station are normally sticklers for rules, and do a lot of patrolling for reprobates. Make sure people have the paid for stickers. I didn't have a porta-potti then, so I didn't stay, as I didn't want to get YARC busted.

We police ourselves in camp. You won’t find a reason for them to bother us. Dogs can run free if they aren’t trouble makers but the poop needs to be scooped. We have a trash run everyday so nothing gets piled up. We try to keep things looking nice.

Went under the knife early this A.M. I am now Home and I am High.  I am sure the pain will soon come. The nurse suggested to stay off the internet in case I order a Bentley to convert into mobile living.  I will keep my promise. Maybe Just a Porsche Cayenne wouldn't hurt.  My son is marinating a flank steak with my secret recipe for fajitas. My son is going to pull the tubes in my head tomorrow. I test drove my face in the mirror when I got home. No monocle needed. Might wear one anyways. The nurse actually, thought I was a senior male model ( this was before I was high) I told her I was a hand model for liver spot ads in magazines. She was a cutie so I figured she was an expert lol. She also also asked what gender I identified as, and if I wanted to be referred to as he or she. Kind of took me by surprise. I answered her, with a first name Like Elmer I highly doubt it. She giggled and said she rather liked the name Elmer. ( I wondered if she has been dipping into the OXY, for all accounts of this questioning.) What a guy has to go through to get one of the best surgeons in the country. By the way I recommend the Red Jello post Op, of course along with the Starbucks mineral water. Harbor View Trauma Center was a great experience. Can't wait to look at this post later.

HalfShadows said:
Went under the knife early this A.M. I am now Home and I am High.  I am sure the pain will soon come. The nurse suggested to stay off the internet in case I order a Bentley to convert into mobile living.  I will keep my promise. Maybe Just a Porsche Cayenne wouldn't hurt.  My son is marinating a flank steak with my secret recipe for fajitas. My son is going to pull the tubes in my head tomorrow. I test drove my face in the mirror when I got home. No monocle needed. Might wear one anyways. The nurse actually, thought I was a senior male model ( this was before I was high) I told her I was a hand model for liver spot ads in magazines. She was a cutie so I figured she was an expert lol. She also also asked what gender I identified as, and if I wanted to be referred to as he or she. Kind of took me by surprise. I answered her, with a first name Like Elmer I highly doubt it. She giggled and said she rather liked the name Elmer. ( I wondered if she has been dipping into the OXY, for all accounts of this questioning.) What a guy has to go through to get one of the best surgeons in the country. By the way I recommend the Red Jello post Op, of course along with the Starbucks mineral water. Harbor View Trauma Center was a great experience. Can't wait to look at this post later.
if I had known you were in Seattle I would have brought you flowers and an ice pack :) 
Tubes in your head? Sounds like a serious surgery, no wonder you are experiencing hallucinations about being able to make nurses giggle and even go so far as to thinking one said they like the name Elmer and that you were a male model to boot, Those are some seriously good drugs they gave you. Maybe you should get an ongoing prescription but they are probably on one of those list where you only get to try it but not buy it.

What else did they implant in there? 

Do hope your healing period is both quick and relatively painless,

HS I hope recovery goes well for you :)
sounds like the pain pills are happy pills for you right now, love it LOL
rest up, heal up and get good as new ;)

Thanks for the well wishes Maki and Roamer. I just woke up to what I thought was a Puppy licking my ear only to find out a tube had misaligned in my sleep and was leaking on my ear.  Couldn't get back to sleep. 

Had no happy pills, was lingering affects of the anesthesia. They sent me home with happy pills but probably won't take them.  I will secure them in my rig in case I get injured solo overlanding.  I go back to Seattle next week for stitch removal. Acouple of day's later I should be ain't right as rain again.

Sounds like the standard Borg Conversion.......resistance was futile I assume....

I don’t want this documented, but I may be driving to the desert this winter and I would like to be around “my people”.. I would like to submit a few instances that might indicate I may not be quite right, or indeed, a exemplorary member of the the YARC. But first, I need to show that I am an intelligent person. I was employed at a large factory facility. In my career I unloaded trucks, was a secretary and dispatcher of 15 mechanics. I than became a member of the salaried people, being a supervisor, a controller and the last 10 years were in the IT department. I traveled all over the US, learning software programs and how to secure servers, and program mechanical equipment. Then I retired about 10 years ago. So…..I seem normal, not ditzy.

About 3 weeks ago, I went camping at a state park with family. They went home, I stayed. I was taking a shower and dropped my dentures. They broke in half. I tried to call a local dentist. They told me it would take over a month to buy me some new teeth. I went to the store and bought glue. They broke again. I then thought I would use black Gorilla tape to hold them together. Okay, so here goes. I went for a hike on state park trails. I had to pee often. One time, I lost the map. Another time, my reading glasses fell off, and I peed on them. Then I lost my denture. I had to attend a funeral the next weekend, so I thought I would put cotton in my mouth, and tell people I had dental work done and could not talk. However, on the walk back, I found my dentures on the ground in front of a trail map. I picked them up and put them in my pocket. A few minutes later, I saw two rangers walking the trails. I’m pretty sure someone reported seeing the dentures on the ground and was worried that someone was hurt. So, even though my husband, or anyone else has never seen me without my dentures, I have told the whole world this story.

Last weekend I went on a solo camping trip for a week. I wanted to try out my new inflatable kayak on a river. It worked great on waves on Lake Michigan, but I was wondering how it would handle river debris. I boondocked at a U-Haul parking lot and got up early. At MickyD’s the morning “boy’s breakfast club” was dining. I asked one of the retired gents if they could drop me off at the dam after I left my van downriver. I was a little shaky being in a car with someone I didn’t know---well that is my excuse. I put in about 25 feet ahead of the dam. One of the fishermen helped me to get back to the side before I went down the dam. I took pictures, but it was salmon season. There were hundreds of people fishing from shore, and in the river. I am sure that they were cussing me out. I know, I was profusely apologizing for my ignorance in trying to kayak during the salmon run.

That night, I tried to boondock behind an abandoned industrial building. First I washed my hair and forgot my brush or comb and had to use a FORK to untangle my hair. Several hours later, 4 pickup trucks entered the lot. One thing was not the same, that was me, I left. I then went to a dirt lot where I saw a camper parked. The problem was a man in a truck, just sitting there. I tried to get in the back of the van quickly. One slight problem is I left the car in Reverse. It got about ten feet into a field with a lot of frogs, I’m thinking a wetland. Thank God I didn’t sink, before I was able to scream and jump in the front seat and drive away.

There were several more instances that I could recall from the weekend that convinced me I may be more comfortable with the people of YARC. So, I submit my humble request for inclusion into this fine group of my peers.

PODebbie, I think I need more of your tales to become truly convinced of your worthiness. Or is it just because I am bored with sitting around with a broken wrist and just want you to amuse me which of course just ain't right?

Latest posts