Woman's Forum: Potty Issues

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I lived down in South America many, many times I would see women with billowy skirts squat and do their thing. It could be anywhere - a medium strip, sidewalk, wherever. The men, however, hid nothing and I don't think ever even thought about it or tried to hide at all. I think I've seen about a couple thousands penises and I didn't even have any brothers. After awhile you can get used to almost anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I read that the pioneer women did something similar. Since there was no visual shelter in many parts of the country as the wagon trains went west, the women would gather, form a circle with their skirts held out to the side, forming a visual barrier for the woman doing her business in the middle of the circle, and they would take turns.

I've always wanted to be able to write my name in the snow..... :D

Perhaps it would be easier to just pee into the toilet and catch the poo? (Thoughts of when I was with my service dog in a community, briefly staying with my mother and (false) complaints came in that I wasn't picking up my dog's poo. So untrue that the next time he went out, I caught it in the poo bag without it ever touching the ground! hahahahahaha then I waved around for any who were peeking out their windows.

Remember you might want to use a 'sealing' mini trashcan when the paperwork is done instead of putting it with...

Me? I think I like the idea of "fresh step". :D

As I was thinking about this last night  (say whaaaatttt???)  ...  I took a much wider view of the whole scenario.  

No, we are all not built the same way, and due to injury or illness might have various and sundry "conversions" to these processes.

In came the thought about how I  have to pick up after my dog...and put that "someplace".  No one ever complains about where I put that, though I'm careful not to just drop it at a doorway trashcan on my way into the restaurant... pheeeeuuuu!

No one ever complains about someone who uses an adult diaper/catch pad either....  

I need to be less tunnel vision, for my own stress relief.

We need to do what we need to do and how we need to do it. :D

I can catch my pee or my poo or both.  I can use vinegar or baking soda  or fresh step or equine pellets.  I can use bags or beer cans or "official" products.   I can, if I must, even go in the woods with the bears!  (oh  another joke comes to mind ahh hahahahah).  I can use biodegradable products, regular tissue or cleansing wipes.  I can dispose of them along with my dog pickup too! ;)

What I cannot do, for myself (no judging y'all at all)... is make it complicated and more than I can "do."   I am planning on downsizing and travelling to make my life less stressful.  Wondering about how or what I'm going to do with 8 cups of pee or 2 cups of poo each day is not going to be a problem.

((((hugs))))

No matter where I go (pun intended)  I will still have the human need to pee and poo.  It's okay.

So, after catching up, the only thing that I've retained is the "beer cans." Now peeing into a beer can without getting anything wet would be quite an accomplishment!

Two enthusiastic thumbs up for the pibella!! Used it twice this morning and didn't miss a drop. The p-style didn't work for me at all, my stream is really strong so it overflowed a lot, and the design didn't work with my labia very well.

Queen: I watched a video clip on the pibella, and I had no luck "directing" with the p-style either, but I can't figure out what makes the pibella different, what am I missing?

The little tab at the back actually goes into the very outer edge of the vagina (not inserted, just at the edge), on the ring of muscle there, then you settle it forward and it's just positioned exactly where it's supposed to be. I was shocked at how easy it was.

Thanks, Queen! Yeah, I can see how that would make a difference. It has been years since I tried the other one, but well remember the "experience".

Had the same experience, several times. LOL Just could NOT get the hang of that other one.

Update - guess I spoke too soon, two pibella fails today. I swear, this should be this damned hard. If I can't use a regular toilet I should just stand in a washpan and pee down my legs, clean up with a wash cloth. DAMMIT!

How about a large funnel- like those for an oil change with tubing off the end? Put it in a bottle and voila! A metal one can even be squeezed into an oval to fit better between the legs. I was looking at that possibility as a pee separator gadget. For the future if I ever turn into a gypsy!

Might be the only way I can get this to work for me. grrrrrrrr

I don't know if this will help, but I came across this article in Backpacker that reviews some of the devices: http://www.backpacker.com/skills/the-complete-guide-to-female-urination-devices/ I suspect the idea of "one size fits all", as used in all clothing these days, is really not true?

I was actually impressed by a cardboard one, the PeePocket. Looked large enough to hit the "spot".

I know they claim it takes "practice" and to practice in the shower. I wonder how much "practice" though.

Sorry it failed you Queen, I know the "feeling"!

Oh, just keep a clean rag in a ziplock bag, pee into the rag, and drop it into the bag.

Adapt, said Darwin.

Snow Gypsy said:
... I know they claim it takes "practice" and to practice in the shower.  I wonder how much "practice" though.  

Yeah, that's where I'm at, how much practice??  It will work one or two times, then not work for three or four.  I'd have to be pretty damned confident in it before I'd stop beside a trail and risk filling my socks with pee.

I had the same problem with female urinary devices as some of you, namely a P Ez.  It would not work for me.  I wanted to try the P Style but I was too cheap to spend more money on something that might not work.  So, using scissors and a box cutter, I made my own.  If you try this at home, please be careful.  By making your own, you can engineer it fit your needs, i.e., longer, shorter, wider, etc.  Because the PStyle has somewhat of a bowl on one end, I chose a plastic bottle with deeper, rounded shoulders and cut out a section of the bottle about 3 inches wide from the neck of the bottle to the bottom of the bottle.  Then I began to cut it to fit my needs, shape it, cut and bend the bottom portion into a trough small enough to fit into a bottle, and smooth the edges with a fingernail file.  You can practice by cutting a flimsy water bottle in half and shaping it to fit. It becomes a pattern for cutting into more difficult, rigid plastic.  I do recommend a more rigid plastic because I think the key to success with this contraption is placing it far enough back and applying downward pressure on the end of the device so that the other end presses snuggly against the body.  I wish you success with this if you try it because it is so liberating.  I can almost guarantee you'll never look at a plastic bottle the same way again.  :D

Latest posts