Woman's Forum: Potty Issues

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Headache said:
So, I'm divulging private information that I don't feel comfortable discussing with anyone in the hopes that someone will figure out that everything does not work for everyone.  Hopefully some will be able to accept a woman's explanation that yes, she does in fact know herself and her body.  

I'm sorry but I'm feeling invalidated more than helped by comments that allude that I don't understand how my body functions or how urination apparatus works even after I've stated I've tried them.

Headache, I'm sorry you have felt invaliated.  I know the frustrations of having a body that doesn't work like it once did.  I also know what it's like having a body that doesn't conform to most of society...restaurant booths being too tight of a fit, airplane seats too small, having to shop at at speciality sized clothing stores, etc.. are all realities for me.  

Sounds like you found the system that works best for you and I will have to do the same, as will likely many others.  It's hard to put yourself out there so vulnerably, but you did, and i think that's awesome!

mayble said:
I ain't gonna lie - I've thought about just using the damn litter box myself.

HAHAHAHAHA!!  Wow did I word that poorly!  I meant use the same cat litter not use the cat box too!  lol

TrainChaser said:
Headache -- do you use some of the plant-based cat litters? I tried one years ago, but kittty didn't like it. Did you start your kitten on it, or introduce it later? Which one do you use, in particular? I'm not crazy about taking 30 or 40 lbs of used clay litter to the dump...

I bought the "lite" litter which is super light. I can sling that bucket around no problem. However, it's so heavily perfumed that my cat doesn't like it. I'm considering having 2 pails of litter on hand, the light weight and regular. I scoop and throw out every day. As far as camping I'd bring along a stash of plastic grocery bags that don't have holes and use them every day. Not sure how you can store it but then it will be easier to throw away in town. Since I'll be in town at least every other day for awhile it won't be an issue for me to toss mine out.

TrainChaser said:
And, as to your comments above... are you saying we're not all alike? We're not all pre-programmed Stepford Wives? We all don't have perfect bodies? We don't all wear the same size hats? Well, I'll be a monkey's aunt! Our world will have a hard time adjusting to THAT information! :p :D

I know right? lol

Headache said:
HAHAHAHAHA!!  Wow did I word that poorly!  I meant use the same cat litter not use the cat box too!  lol

Of course!  I'm just saying, it has occurred to me that if one already has a litter box and the ability to squat, maybe we're all over thinking this. ;)
Unfortunately, I have neither.

Okay, P-Style first attempt, VERY good thing I was in the shower, it went everywhere. Tried RossCoe's suggestion and moved it inside my labia and voila, no mess! Peed standing up for the first time ever... it was very difficult to get the pee to come out though, after 56 years of sitting to pee, my body was not about to dribble upright.

There's definitely a mental block for me still too.
I either have to be slightly drunk or have to pee super duper badly.

It was so weird, I really had to go, but my body was all "nope, not gonna happen". LOL

NomadicNotions said:
I realize that the guys all say to pee separate from poo, but for those of us females who normally do them together, how do you handle it? I have a composting toilet my husband built and it is comfortable, easy to use, etc., but i'm not sure about disposal. My husband will be pulling my 28" travel trailer with his 1 ton Dodge Van that he has converted to an rv for himself. This isn't an issue for him, but me, it is. Any advise would be welcome. :huh:

I use a P - Style for peeing in the woods and peeing in urinals.  http://www.thepstyle.com/  I LOVE it.

I use a urinal to pee indoors and just pour it in a regular toilet
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KB5L0D...=UTF8&colid=AMQI8ZKWEJAO&coliid=INU3CP0GK3WHY

UPDATE:

Trying to use the P-Style is still hit or miss (no pun intended). About one out of three tries it runs down my leg, not confidence inspiring unless I have spare jeans/socks/shoes handy. LOL

Coming back around to the original problem: how often would you really need it outdoors?

And for pee/poop separation, if it's too difficult, just don't do it. Stop going along with the people who require absolute perfection. Find another way to solve the problem. There is Theory and there is Reality, and they aren't the same most of the time.

Just an additional thought.

I was out in the yard today and a piece of white PVC pipe was lying in the leaves, so I picked it up and leaned it in a corner of the woodshed.  Halfway back to the house, I thought about this thread, and wondered if a simple piece of plastic pipe of a suitable length would do as well or better than a P-style (etc)?  They come in 1/2", 3/4", 1", 1.25", 1.5", and 2" diameter.  Schedule 40 is the thinwall, which is all you would need.  It can be cut with a hacksaw.

You could aim it where you want, and maybe even write your name in the snow. :D  I would suggest that you sand or trim off the rough edges of the cut.

Think?

Might be a bit hard to smoosh up against our lady bits. Someone said they use and old plastic container of some sort, I may have to start staring and plastic containers more often.

Think my p-style issue is volume. I wait forever to go pee, then when I do it just overflows the p-style all over the place.

Take a look in the condiments aisle at the grocery store!

Some of the women were making their own 'p style' out of one of the salad dressing bottles - the brand of which escapes me completely and will never come back... :rolleyes:

Some also used one of the flex funnels from the automotive department.

And yes, volume will back up if the outlet on the device is too small for the flow so maybe take a look at different funnels.

The PVC would IMO be too hard to make sure it's in the exact right spot where a funnel will cover all the parts.

You might be able to use the Go Girl which may have a softer fit, but won't snug up to the little john very well.
s-l225.jpg

I saw a video of a woman living out of her car who wore a skirt to bed without undies and if she had to pee in the middle of the night all she had to do was get to her bucket and pee.... less to have to fumble around with. I'm thinking about trying out this idea...

I find all this really fascinating reading. Wonder what that says about me. :-/

Hippiechk said:
I share your issue but its still possible to use a separating toilet.

I am just building a new one & plan to buy the guts from a nature's head this time. It worked but I want the ease of their agitator. Their seat looks a nightmare to clean though.
The Nature's Head seat is a nightmare to clean!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

"I prefer wearing tops and bottoms to bed"

A skirt isn't much of a bottom..... Wouldn't it sort of end up like a twisted belt around your waist?