C head Composting Toilet Review

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made Purchase of C-Head in March 07, 2022. Understood they were having issues and moving. Gave benefit of the doubt and waited. Contacted with concerns but waited . . . and waited. Contacted many times since. Called and left messages. No response. No tracking number. No delivery. Nothing at all. Requested a refund . . . ZIP.

We got ours several years ago, before diy diverter toilets became popular. It has worked well for us but with the plans available and van builds sometimes offering assistance to build one cheaply I would go that route now. You can probably find a 3D printed stirring paddle and diverter on line. It is basically a toilet seat, a 5 gallon bucket, a water jug and some PVC pipe and hardware in a wooden box that their web site used to give you all the dimensions of.

Here's a video from humble road discussing this issue. I just checked to see if there would be an update, as I know George would add information if they had made things right but there is no update.
Here's the video:

I still think the C head is a good design and hopefully they will get their communication and orders sorted and shipped. If something serious has happened or a delay in critical component, I'm sure people would be more understanding of delays. Humble Road said it's the lack of communication that made him post a video,

Last edited:
C- Head is a Florida LLC. You can find out all the address, phone info as well as the contact info of the owners and look at their annual reports. That might be of some use in reaching them. this is a website you can use to find that info by entering the name of a Florida LLC. Search for " C-Head"

http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/ByName

Last edited:
I just found an information post on the C-Head website from June 7 saying they have now a 10 week lead time due to staff and materials shortages.
Screenshot_20220817-171508~2.png

I think the problem is people have ordered these in February and March of this year and have had zero communication from C-Head.
So I think seeing a 10 week lead time is not honest, when customers have been waiting 24 + weeks.

Failing the cc approach, short of paying the business owner(s?) an in person visit, there's not much anyone can do to recoup their $$.
It helps to spread the bad news on the www so others are less likely to fall into this "questionable"? business' trap...

Last edited:
Not sure that in the month of August anyone will be all that tempted to pay a in-person visit to Florida 🔥