Who's behind your user name

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim Solo : Jim is my and because I dislike being called James,
Solo is my nature when I need to get things done for myself.
I always help people out with their troubles as best as I can,
but when I need help with something people are to busy to help me.
Hence : the name Solo, if I don't do it for myself, it don't get Done.
It fits me well !

Not a very interesting story as compared to most. I was going for a place in California that had a cool sounding nondescript name, and where a desert rat might hang out, but forgot what it was when I registered. So, now I remember ... rhymes with physics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zzyzx,_California

SkyWater

Love to kayak. Born and raised near the ocean.
And I'm a bit of a scifi nerd so it's also a twist on Star Wars

Alone I am, in the middle of the ocean
Floating with the raft to the beat of the waves
Winds gentle fingers gliding thru my hair
Comforted by the warmth of the sun on my back
It is here I find peace….
Where the Sky meets the Water

ZoNiE: Someone from Arizona. I use this everywhere I can, so if you see ZoNiE, spelled like this with alternating caps, then it is probably me.

Skywater said:
SkyWater

Love to kayak. Born and raised near the ocean.
And I'm a bit of a scifi nerd so it's also a twist on Star Wars

Alone I am, in the middle of the ocean
Floating with the raft to the beat of the waves
Winds gentle fingers gliding thru my hair
Comforted by the warmth of the sun on my back
It is here I find peace….
Where the Sky meets the Water

^ Nice! Are you a Pisces?

Alexa is my first name, and Misty was the name of my passed ferret. I like learning where usernames come from too. I've seen some pretty neat ones around.

My name says it all. My name is Tony and traveling the USA is my dream. I'm a retired Army sergeant and I have traveled the world, visiting over 20 foreign countries. What I haven't seen was out own great nation. I bought a passport book of all the attractions around our nation and I am set upon the path of seeing as many as I can. I purchased an Aliner, a national park lifetime pass, and I can't wait to retire. So let the dream begin.

Tony, a good resource for US travel are some of the youtuber channels. Some of those people just travel and travel and travel, crossing the US twice a year. Eg, Nomadic Fanatic, Destination Open Road, Panda Monium, Camper Van Kevin. And many more. If you're planning on going to AZ, RVerTV is a great channel, as he lives in Quartzsite and travels all over.

I married a guy whose name meant "fire" in German. 
My original last name meant "builder" in old English. 
So.... Firebuild. 

I divorced Mr. Fire eventually but kept his name, which has been my name so long I barely remember the old one.

Outermostsoul is from my favorite book Outermost House by Henry Beston. My aunt gave it to me to read the first time I visited Cape Cod when I was 8 back in the 60's. We took the Scout out to the dunes and I saw the original For'castle which was lost to the sea in the blizzard of 78. I got married that year and it was a disaster too :)

After 2 or 3 dates my future wife said to me, "I've heard about you. Quite the skirt chaser".  "Think you're some sort of Beavergod or something."  Taken aback I replied, "I'm merely looking for a woman to spend the rest of my life with and I don't want to screw it up."  She said, "You found her, you can stop looking now."
I've had many nicknames, but that one always stuck in the back of my mind.  We've been together over 36 years now.  I have only 2 goals in life.  Keep her alive as long as possible and go before she does...

Tony, a retired army sergeant.....working for the federal government. My dream is to travel to/through each of the lower 48 in 5 years.......thus Tony's Dream

Again, not real creative.  My Dad's nickname for  me as a kid...Zeke. Born in 1953.  Had to be somewhat easy to remember.

Although I’ve made a living at many different things in my life. My best times were teaching nature to children at church camp and nature centers my number one thing in this world is to study God‘s beautiful creation and a close second is to share it with others. That’s why I’m called nature lover or nature nut. God bless The Nomads no matter what they call themselves

Latest posts