Which kind are you?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<span id="post_message_1273843808">
</span> I fear one day we will have no gas and our "freedom machines" will roll no more.&nbsp; Think about what you will do then?<span id="post_message_1273843808">
<br><br>
</span><span id="post_message_1273843808">I think I will build a still to distill alcohol, build a carburated engine, make my own fuel, or build a<a target="_blank" href="http://gekgasifier.com/"> gasifier</a> system
<br><br>Another reason to get a small dual sport bike. It'd </span><span id="post_message_1273843808">be easy to modify to alcohol and take a lot less to get to town.</span><span id="post_message_1273843808"><br><br></span>

Someone alluded to this song.&nbsp; Here are the lyrics [music by Cole Porter, lyrics by David Byrne]&nbsp; <br><br><b>Don't Fence Me In</b><br>Oh, give me land, lots of land under starry skies above,<br>Don't fence me in.<br>Let me ride through the wide open country that I love,<br>Don't fence me in.<br>Let me be by myself in the evenin' breeze,<br>And listen to the murmur of the cottonwood trees,<br>Send me off forever but I ask you please,<br>Don't fence me in.<br><br>Just turn me loose, let me straddle my old saddle<br>Underneath the western skies.<br>On my Cayuse, let me wander over yonder<br>Till I see the mountains rise.<br><br>I want to ride to the ridge where the west commences<br>And gaze at the moon till I lose my senses<br>I can't look at hovels and I can't stand fences<br>Don't fence me in.<br>

<p>Don't fence me in...&nbsp; Could that pertain to the wall the US Government is building across our southern border with Mexico?&nbsp; Kind of reminds me of the movie The Magnificent Seven when the outlaw bandit snickers to the good guys and says, " that wall won't keep us out ".&nbsp; Yul Brenner then says, " it was meant to keep you in ".&nbsp; </p>