???????Where Oh Where Did That Thread Go?????

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Txjaybird

Reaction score
:huh: That search thingy hates me :huh:

I'm looking for a thread that started sometime I think in mid to late 2016.  A guy was asking about SSI and how living out of a van, rv etc. that would affect a persons benefits. Also was looking for a way to find/purchase low cost vehicles to live from.  

My focus is I'm looking for info re:  SSI, EBT, Medicade and food banks.  I've seen several threads/posts about these subjects and when I try to find them to pass on information to someone I can't. I can/do suggest folks check with the state they are interested in about benefits and/or ask their current state about benefits while traveling.

I wonder if there would be a EZ way to mark posts or threads with these items/subjects in them without moving them from their original threads or posts?

Jewellann

With all VBulletin forums, the search term has to be a minimum of 4 characters long. So searching for just the term SSI, for example, will yield nothing. Some forums I've been on will accept a space as a 4th character, but I don't know if this one does.

When you find a thread you want to save, scroll all the way down the page and you'll see the option to subscribe to it. It will then save it in your User Control Panel and you can opt in or out of receiving notifications there (click on the "User CP" link at top of thread, below the banner ad). I know this forum was having problems with the notification system, but you don't need it. I always select No Notifications because I'd rather just check manually when I'm here (and logged in). Once you subscribe to a thread, the link will always show up in the Subscriptions section of your User CP.

My experience is same as John above. I put key words and cheaprvliving and results are better than forum search.

In the Google search bar, you can type: ssi site:cheaprvliving.com

It will only return results from this site (or the site you specified).