Where is everyone? (I'm new)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey there Nomads,

I'm brand new to the lifestyle full time, and was hoping to connect with some of you.  It was my intention to make it to the RTR ... especially the Women's Gathering so I could begin my new experience with 'tribe', but alas wasn't able to get there in time.  Missed it by a week!  

I'm a 53 year old retired professional horsewoman traveling with my pooch.  Currently writing a book and rekindling my yoga practice, hiking and hot springing have been my daily fare so far.  But now that I've been out here in the desert climes for the last couple of weeks, I feel kind of lost and am wishing for some kind of community, even if only loosely.  

I'm set up with solar so I can boondock, and would prefer to camp in wilderness when possible.  I just don't really know where to go.  I'm in Borrego Springs right now, hoping to jump off and on to my solo adventure soon.  

I'll keep a look out for you's ... I know you're out there somewhere!  

Happy trails,
Rebecca

Welcome to the CRVL forums Rebecca!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Currently in Orlando FL.

85 degrees here today.

Sorry, everyone. :)

Welcome Rebecca! There's quite a few RTR attendees floating around Borrego Springs and Joshua Tree National Park right now.

Safe travels and enjoy the new adventure...

you don't "have" to go anywhere. maybe you need to detox from society more.

Hi Rebecca
I'm in Helena MT. 15 degrees this am. I'm also a horse person. Welcome to full timing.

Welcome Rebecca ! I'm a 49 yr old full time rv'er of 11 yrs, "retired" Horse owner/ranch manager, nomad, no anchors, Texan my birth and blood. I'm downsizing to mini bus this year. I admire you already for getting a head start. I travel for work already. But looking forward to crossing paths with you some day. I'm in Baton Rouge, LA ATM. Headed to New Iberia, LA (South of Lafeyette) this week. Be there for the next couple weeks. Then no telling where after that. David

IDK how popular it would be to have a thread where those that wanted to meet up with others could post their current location so others could locate other nomads. Better chance of trails crossing. I ain't been here long enough to see the whole forum yet.

Welcome, bunch in your area and some headed to Parker / Lake Havasu... check out the gatherings forum and check out pandamonium on youtube