When/ Where Mentoring Caravans start?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Confetti

Reaction score
I know Bob hasn't formally announced them yet, but where are the mentoring Caravans going to start from? 
If they are starting in September, that's only 2 weeks away. It would be helpful to know a general area, so interested people could start heading that way. It takes time to plan for distance, and save for gas money, etc. 
Thanks!
Lisa

Wow! September is only 2 weeks away... I hadn't really noticed!  Thanks!

As I recall, in his live video prior to the most recent one, BW did mention starting caravans in Sept, but in the most recent Aug 5 live video, he did not mention it. He did mention the RTR once again, but not the caravans, so apparently not organized. ??? OTOH, you may need to be a subscriber (which I'm not) or support via Patreon or check Facebook to know about the caravans.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAj7O3LCDbkIR54hAn6Zz7A/about

I’m thinking of hosting something near Telluride in SW Colorado, during Fall Colors, late September/early October.

Theoretically, I like to follow the color downhill.

DL, that sounds like a great idea. A couple of months ago they had Travelers Campfest near Leadville, but heck, why not have 2 or 3 of them every year. Catch people coming and going both ways.

The Telluride area would be great, or Silverton as a 2nd choice. Silverton is such a throwback to the 1880s, :). Do you have an idea of where you would locate it outside Telluride? Maybe you should start a separate thread on a Fall Colors Colorado Campfest, and get some people interested.

^^
If you do Telluride, I will be there! I just love it - the people; the climate. Everything...

DLTooley said:
The South Mineral RV spot might be great for Silverton. I can’t recall clearly how busy it is that time of year, but it should be slacking off. There should also be other options.

Here’s the Telluride write up:
https://vanlivingforum.com/showthread.php?tid=32587
I remember coming over the pass from Handies Peak and down into Silverton from the east. I remember driving for miles down a big valley which should have ample places for boondocking too. Lots of options I think.