What's on Your Travel Bucket List?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DesertDweller

Reaction score
I've been to a lot of places, and plan to visit many more.This time, however, I plan to stop and smell a lot of campfires along the way. One of my first stops on the way will be Utah. I've passed through, but didn't get to stop and explore at all. Lake Powell looks sooo cool! I'd love to see the Pacific northwest, too. Oregon coast, Washington and all the wide open spaces of Montana's big sky. Oddly enough, I'd like to visit New York City just once, and Washington, D.C., viper pits amuse and intrigue me. :D What's on your travel bucket list, and why?

Since we just bought our motor home we have been talking about this. We'd like to see the usual tourist places, Yellowstone, Rushmore, and so on. More than those though I just want to see what I haven't seen. I want to do route 66. Did it as a kid, but don't remember much. I'd like to go see the redwoods again. We just want to be out in nature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've lived all over the world and seen lots of big cities and mountains and oceans, but I've always felt a big pull to the US desert SW.  Lived in NM and AZ in the past and really need to get back out there.

I want to spend some time in Arches National Park, and Monument Valley.  :)

Attachments

• arches national park.jpg
    arches national park.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Monument-Valley-Arizona.jpg
    Monument-Valley-Arizona.jpg
    534.1 KB · Views: 13
My bucket list is more like a 55 gallon drum list.

Let's see:
Eastern Oregon desert
High Sierras
The Redwoods
Oregon Coast
All of Utah except for the insane roads, (The Hogsback, State Route 261.)
Theodore Roosevelt National Park, N Dakota, 'cause Teddy was a bad azz!
Laura Ingalls Wilder historic sights in S Dakota and Springfield, Missouri
The Blueridge Mountains of Virginia, North Carolina
Arkansas, especially the Ozarks and Eureka Springs. Eureka Springs reminds me of one of those medival towns with winding narrow streets, built into the hills.
The Blues Highway, Route 61 through the Mississippi Delta. Mississippi is all about the blues to me.
Louisiana, just to chill with the slower pace of life, visit the wildlife refuges there.
Florida, because the only part I've been is Jacksonville. Not enough. I want to visit Calle Ocho in Miami and have good Cuban food.

If anybody has Washington on their bucket list, go to the Olympic Peninsula. The fruit orchards of the east are nice, I'm sure the Palouse is nice, Mt Rainier is beautiful, but the Olympics, that's Washington to me. It's wild, rugged, isolated, and gorgeous. Coast, mountains, and rainforest.

The Hoh Rainforest
DSCN2057.JPG

The Hoh River
DSCN1924.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN2057.JPG
    DSCN2057.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCN1924.JPG
    DSCN1924.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 12
I want to drive the Americas Highway at least as far as Panama and perhaps further. Yes I know it is more of a concept than a road but it has fascinated me since I was a teenager.

Central and southern Mexico, Canadian Rockies.

Lots of places I want to see and things I want to do, but for a real BUCKET list:

See the giant Redwoods & Sequoias
See the Northern Lights
Visit Pompeii

Optimistic Paranoid said:
Lots of places I want to see and things I want to do, but for a real BUCKET list:

See the giant Redwoods & Sequoias
See the Northern Lights
Visit Pompeii

We camped for a week near Pompeii when I was a kid, toured Mt. Vesuvius and Pompeii over several days.  My brother told me the dead lava covered people would come and get me at night since we'd disturbed their rest... so I spent each night sitting up in the campground bathroom, under the flourescent lights shaking like a leaf.  He was such an ass.  :p

Lots, but haunted(supposedly) places\buildings are big on my list.

I would love to travel hwy 1 from LA to SF again.  Then North on up. 

Just about every back road USA is beautiful.  If you take the time, you can find wonder everywhere.

#1 on my list is Monument Valley and the canyon lands of Utah. Never been.
#2 Is Sequoia and Yosemite Natl. Parks. Least crowded times. I want to see the giant Sequoia trees and take my own photo of half dome.
#3 The Redwoods of Northern CA.

After that in no particular order is: SE Arizona for some bird photography and probably roam the state again----back to Yellowstone and spend more time...at my own leisure ----Grand Tetons---Possibly a Baja trip at some point----been many years since I have been to Montana so.....
Oh, heck just crisscross the whole western U.S. Would like to see the fall foliage in New England if I have any time left over. :)

I wouldn't mind seeing all this dang snow in my rear view mirror!

I live 4 hours from the front gate of Yosemite and Sequoia National Parks.  Seeing these two amazing places has changed me and now I want to see every national park in America.  I want to see lots of the national monuments too, but mostly the nature stuff.  I have been to most of the parks in California, Oregon and Washington.  Now I need to start heading east.

Same with regards to the National Parks. We have some utterly jaw dropping places that belong to us, need to make sure I see more of them.

FL- celebrate birthdays with sis in law
TN- Mts
KY- KY Derby
LA- Martigras
AZ- Desert, RTR
NV- Vegas
CA- Redwoods
Mexico- haven't been out of USA

rickr
If you can still see the snow in your rear view mirror , it's too close !
Gary
There are still mosquitoes here in the fall,,,,,BIGGUNS....we also have these things we call moose flies , sound like a Huey swooping in for a run !

Actually getting to stop at those places that I used to have to drive by is my list and I've been doing that since '03.
probably won't live long enough to see it all.
I'm going to concentrate on AZ , UT , NV , CO , NM next , then widen the circle.

I would love to see any of the National Parks, but especially Yosemite. After watching Ken Burns' National Parks: America's Best Idea, about a dozen times, I gotta see Yosemite!

I'm just hoping for a successful RTR trip. :)