What's for dinner?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squire

Reaction score
What are you eating tonight. As for me, Potato soup, cornbread and a glass of buttermilk. THERE will be no room for dessert.

BBST
Bacon, baby spinach and tomato sammiches w/ Kettle Jalapeno potato chips

Potato soup and cornbread sounds wonderful, though. I'm a Southern boy.

Salted pork meat pie and Dutch oven baked beans that have been simmering in a coal fire for ten hours [emoji39][emoji111]

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Tacos, choice of hard, soft or mixed, homemade beef stir fry chilli filling, fresh garden-salsa plenty of cilantro, two heat levels hot sauce, nice sharp cheddar cheese or sour cream.

My boy can make / eat like 8 of these.

Aldi's guac, pretty good w lemon & fresh pepper.

Double choc cake heated w vanilla ice cream after the movie, then hot chocolate at late bedtime no school tomorrow

ssminnow said:
Taco's for me.
Never heard of anybody drinking a glass of Buttermilk.
You ain't from the south!

I always thought buttermilk was a baking ingredient. I spent from the age of 6 to 70 in Texas.

I didn't care for buttermilk, to drink, as a kid, however now I enjoy it. My peeps used to drink it routinely, especially for evening meal, pure hill country folks of North Alabama.

A concoction... :D 

Left over creamy pasta shells, some ground beef, onions and green peppers cooked up and threw in some peas to make sure I had enough veggies in there... :D 

Not bad, will do it again some day! Could of used some mushrooms in it too but I ran out of them!

Chicken/carrot/onion/garlic/potato soup. It's been simmering in the rice cooker for a few hours now.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Almost There said:
A concoction... :D 

Left over creamy pasta shells, some ground beef, onions and green peppers cooked up and threw in some peas to make sure I had enough veggies in there... :D 

Not bad, will do it again some day! Could of used some mushrooms in it too but I ran out of them!
I knew a family when I was growing up that has chili once a week and ALL leftovers were thrown in. Chili flavor over powered everything.

I bought two giant packs of hamburger meat the other day and it was time to make them one way or the other, so I started in. Also a big pack of five huge chicken breasts.

Teriyaki-marinated chicken was cooked for eating another day, into the fridge it went. Mixed the ground beef with salsa verde and a lot of deeply caramelized onions, plus garlic, worcestershire, smoked paprika, soy sauce, and a couple of raw eggs, and turned it into meatballs. Potato wedges fried in butter, soy, and olive oil on the side, and a friend brought a nice spinach salad. Lots of leftovers for other days.

Also made a bowl of previously mixed ground beef, same ingredients but with jalapeno peppers. Thought it was just for me, but one of the friends liked spicy-hot too, so we had a variety.

As always, the caramelized onions were the most time-consuming. That took more than an hour all by itself.

food, love food here :)
carnivore menu

tonight is 2-3-4 thin pork chops, depending on hunger level
just eating beef and chicken broth thru the day. I like to fast mostly

Leftover orzo-rice pilaf, sautéed in a little butter with garlic, add full bag of baby spinach, cover and let cook to wilt, toss and season, top with shredded Parmesan cheese.

I make this pilaf in my Instant Pot these days, also grits.

Absolutely fool proof, no sticking or stirring. :)

Latest posts