What made you happy today?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We need a Big Sky up here in Montana. Come spring all the locals breath deep the warm air. In winter, huddled three and four layers deep with a breath frosted scarf over your face, there's quite a bit of resistance and thermal barrier between you and the frozen oxygen. This time of year you can shove your face in it; eyes squinting against the high sun; friggen suck that shite in like the Universe intended. You watch a Montanan walking up the jetway after a trip to a metropoli, I guarantee you their eyes are rolled back in their head mouth wide open horking in great gulps of Big Sky. Aspiration, baby.

So here I am on the back porch, with my build sitting in the driveway, thinking of far away adventures a few year from now. I'm in a hoodie, sweatpants, and schlepy slippers typing. Twelve weeks ago I would have been dead of hypothermia in a half hour. But tonight I'm just chillin in comfort with a drink and a puff, already half drowsy and ready for my nightly doze. Reading your folk talk about cricket and frog comms, ear plugs and fire flies, thinking, "Yeah, I'll get there."

You bet, I'm happy.

Doesn't matter where you are you're always here.

My seasonal job ended today. I know that shouldn't be happy news, but it is because now it's time for a ROAD TRIP!!!

^^^ Nice!!

For me, an evening at home with my honey, sharing an excellent bottle of wine. Beautiful evening.

I went to a vintage motorcycle show and saw a nicely restored version of my first motorcycle -- a Yamaha Twin Jet 100.

MrNoodly said:
I went to a vintage motorcycle show and saw a nicely restored version of my first motorcycle -- a Yamaha Twin Jet 100.

Awesome!

I saw a restored version of my first bike, a Honda CB125, around town a couple of years ago.  It was a thing of beauty...but man was it tiny!  I thought I was so cool, riding mine to high school.  :p

IMG_6037.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6037.JPG
    IMG_6037.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 7
Just came in from a nice long swim, heavenly! Swimming pools are about the best thing since sliced bread.

My daily dose of happiness comes courtesy of my dog.
When I become disgusted with humanity, all I have to do is throw the ball for my dog and he shows me what happiness looks like.  I'm still disgusted with humanity, but as long as my pooch is around I really don't care.  
The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and the dog is smiling.  Right here, right now, it's all good.

I wish I could have gotten a video but as we were coming back from our walk, there was a small snake sunning itself on the front walk and my dog Maggie not only didn't notice it, she stepped on it!!! Both she and the snake were quite surprised! Anyways, that old saying "if it were a snake, it would have bit me" came to mind even though the snake, in this case, just scurried off into the lawn while Maggie frantically tried to find its butt to sniff. Sorry Maggie, snakes don't have butts.

this make me happy today

received my personal locator beacon registration sticker from The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
this satellite beacon give me the peace of mind and comfort to hit the backwaters on my kayak ,
drop my van in low to hit that cool boondockers honey hole ,
to see the real Florida .... with safety

Oh golly! Shove a couple of those into a small bowl of rum raisin Haagendas...I'll be right over.

I slept for eleven hours last night, I don't think I've ever done that unless I was sick, I feel GREAT!!  Reminds me of what it felt like when I was young, all bouncy and full of energy.  :D

Latest posts