What are YOU listening to??

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wagakki Band - a blend of traditional Japanese and modern rock instruments:

Avenged Sevenfold (A7X) "Dear God"

Kind of country sounding.

This band is just awesome live--my kid drug me out to the STL amphitheater to see them live in the pit
in about 2012. The lead guitar player is real good (Synyster Gates)

t

"It was the 3rd. of June another sleepy,dusty delta day..."

Last year I was in Skagway on this date and the local radio played this song.
I hadn't heard it in many years. At that time, I didn't even make the
connection between song and date.

Darn it-- end of the weekend down on Carlyle lake. I was swilling a lot of cheap red Franzia Rich Red Blend --"The Wine In a Box" -- so some Foghat--
"You drink your whiskey while I drink cheap red wine":

"59 Chateau Lafitte Boogie":

Superb Slide guitar work on this IMO.

The cheap wine they sing about is still available----- but buy it quick:
https://www.cultwine.com/wine-cellar/new-cellar/1959-chateau-lafite-rothschild

Now I'm listening to Whitey Ford Sings the Blues,  :D

Blind Willie McTell .... the real thing from the 1930s.

the best:

Gilberto Gil, R. Carlos Nakai, Gypsy Kings and the Eagles. All old old favorites.

Blue October - Hate Me
A song about battling/defeating addictions--

While my Guitar Gently Weeps with Tom Petty and Prince etc.

Prince could play back in the day.

Someone mentioned Carlos Nakai, Ive had some of his stuff for quite a long time, very relaxing.

Loreena McKennitt

Theres a lot of her stuff I like.

In looking for older stuff from my misspent youth I looked for some Santana. I was surprised to learn Carlos was still making music, often collaborating with other artists.

Carlos Santana with Rob Thomas. Someone in the comments noted that the girl in the car Rob was eyeing in the vid is his wife, who has survived brain cancer so far.

The above vid and the one by Juanes reminded me that I need to get out more, these people are having way more fun than I am, we need to remember to do fun stuff, whatever that means to you, and connect with other people some. Carlos' video of Corazon Espinado is also good.

Juanes, La Luz. I think it turned up in someones ride report on riding dirt roads to the grand canyon on motorcycles, he used it as part of his soundtrack. I hadnt heard of him before, but apparently nearly everyone else has looking at his views stats. Good music from Columbia. His A Dios Le Pido is also good among others.

Nice take on an old Grateful Dead song Box of Rain by a school group. I didnt know the history/origin of the song before but it came out in looking it up.