What are YOU listening to??

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crofter, you're having a classic rock frenzy attack!

Here is some classic Ian Anderson and company:

Now I'll raise the bet with some Jon Anderson:

That last one gave my headphones a workout, it was a big deal to move the sound around at that time.   ~crofter

Remember these guys?

Mammoth version, tho the original was more powerful, IMHO.

The Doors were epic and helped define music of that decade. Even people who didn't appreciate them felt their effect...

badmotorscooter said:
Crofter, you're having a classic rock frenzy attack!
BMS, sounds like your constant links to hard rock may have overwhelmed poor crofter. Simply irresistible (to quote Robert Palmer). 

The Doors are in my top-10, my favorite of course is .... (what else, his brain is squirming like a toad, LOL).

This one breaks the trend I've been posting lately.

From 1999 and not classic rock, but I really like it.

My fave Hendrix song, from the rainey city.   ~crofter

Sorry that was a cover, this is the real thing.

Good one, crofter, also my favorite ... but I tend to trend more for the studio versions.

When we say things like:

"Today's music all sounds the same"

"Music today sounds awful"

"Modern songs suck"

"They don't make songs like they used to"

"What happened to real music"

We aren't just being nostalgic or stuck in the middle of last century. Science backs us up!

crofter said:
This the "before" of factory music then.  -crofter 

Well C, I see a big difference between recording "good" music in a studio and the sort of factory-manufactured trash music the guy was talking about in BMS's link. BTW, it helps to play that guy at 2X speedup, as he's very intelligible, :).

badmotorscooter said:
We aren't just being nostalgic or stuck in the middle of last century. 
Maybe we just know what we like. For instance, I listened to a dozen different people's rendering of Wayward Stranger, and only found 2 that I could even listen to for more than 3 seconds. I find that's pretty common. I just can't stand the sounds a lot of singers make. FWIW.