what are these? Keys?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wagoneer

Reaction score
a bunch of what look like skeleton key picks.

Attachments

• IMG_3690.jpg
    IMG_3690.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 49
Not keys.Those are used to adjust a flux capacitor.

Or maybe they're internal lock parts.

From the small pic size it looks like they are all the same. Maybe shims for something?

Adrian where the hell where you at RTR? I missed you buddy. highdesertranger

1. Light switch keys, used in areas where the lights have stay on mandatory.
(They look like slotted holes instead of the normal switch lever you would move. Schools and public buildings used to use them. Old elevators also used them. If these came from a building management or janitorial company...there you go.)

2. Car radio keys to slide the unit out the front of the faceplate.
(But this is doubtful.)

3. They also look like mechanical fuel governor rails from a European or Japanese diesel. If they came from a garage, this would be another avenue to explore. (Also doubtful, but they are similar looking to some of them.)

4. Mind control devices, designed to make us all vote for Putin as our next president. There is the horn, Stepford folk. Time for your pills now... :)

Might be a good idea to run it by a locksmith forum. Bet they will know right away.

They look like keyboard parts from an old mechanical calculating machine.

One end is the stem that the round key-button is pressed on to.

Inside the machine, the parts interact with a complex of selectors and actuators.

monroe.jpg

Attachments

• monroe.jpg
    monroe.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 8
I also thought of parts from an old mechanical pushbutton car radio.

radio.jpg

But with the quantity of the parts in the original picture I'm going with calculating machine.

Attachments

• radio.jpg
    radio.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 6
I've seen them someplace before, but I just can't get my mind to release the memory. It's bugging me. :/

If it came out of a cargo work van they might be adjustable shelf rack release clips. Lots of shelf systems out there....

I am truly sorry for this last post, but have had some great responses. I did come late to the RTR and camped at the original spot to find it empty and quiet, just what I wanted. After signing into the RTR I took a walk around in amazement, feeling somewhat overwhelmed. Looked like a nice group of people. Had planned to look you up Mike but as it happened no such luck I know you had a great time and people found nuggets a beer together would have been a great topper. Take care Mike.

I've seen these before, maybe a long time ago. They look like shelf bracket holders. The back wall would be metal and the shelves are the old metal ones with the holes in them. ( I could be wrong)

Latest posts