1994 GMC TopKick 30' Box Truck - NO KEYS, Auction in Ca $599 Ends Weds 1 bid, Snipe 'EM

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gr8ful

Supporting Member
Reaction score
eBay item number:196003874273
1994 GMC Box/Moving Truck. NO KEYS. Unable to verify interior or odometer. Last recorded odometer shown on the title issue date of 9/30/09 was 186306 miles. Truck has been sitting 3-4 years. Engine appears to be missing the air intake plenum. 11540 GVWR. Former U-Haul moving truck with built-in 8' ramp and bumper-pull trailer hitch. Cargo box interior measures 21'L x 8'H x 7.5'W plus an additional 3'L x 3'H x 7.5'W cab overhang. Cab and engine length add another 9.5' to the 21' box length making overall exterior length approximately 30.5'. No other features or functions were verified or tested, may need parts or repair. Truck must be trailered or towed from site. VIN: 1GDE6H1PXRJ501981. Item: FR-29.610

I don't think that would be a good buy for most here. It hasn't been registered in 14 years and probably hasn't run in that time. Every seal in that thing would be begging to be replaced, along with anything rubber. Tires are out of date and would need to be replaced.

That's before you check the engine and transmission.

From the pictures it looks like it was most likely the transport for band at a high school. We have something similar for my daughters high school.

Just not sure the cost of replacing everything would be worth the low cost.

It's from California, so if it's diesel it can't be registered in CA unfortunately.

Love the price, but it's a hornets nest.

The box is worth the price for storage & the rest would bring more to scrap. The ad says gas. You're right I wouldn't restore the money pit.

Latest posts