Very Humbling Experience

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OutdoorFT

Reaction score
I would like to first off to apologize to staff and Bob Wells for acting like a child a number of months ago, forgot exactly when. You guys do a great job and I don't know what happened to make me act like a 5 year old.

Anyway. So I did some soul searching since I was gone. I even watched Bob Wells channel (havent before, hell even saw JiminDenver today on there). Ive been missing out!

Recently, I have been in bad physical condition, went to hospital (no insurance, key to this post)...now have a huge hospital bill...and still not better. I have savings to pay it off, but I also had to take a week off unpaid (loss of $500 or more) and continually have to leave work due to physically unable to do it or in extreme pain. My employment isnt in much danger (being fired) but Im a single income family. So no work, no money. Now with a hospital bill, week without pay, losing hours and still no insurance or feeling better...my savings will only be depleted much quicker. Im not in danger of being kicked out or not paying bills..but Im ready to be proactive about my security.

So I need to get my butt in gear, starting looking for a dwelling for my wife and myself. Im only 26 but its been years since I actually had to carefully look at finances. So, I just need to remember that and hopefully build back up.

Thanks for reading :angel:

OutdoorFT said:
So I need to get my butt in gear, starting looking for a dwelling for my wife and myself. Im only 26 but its been years since I actually had to carefully look at finances. So, I just need to remember that and hopefully build back up.

Heck - I'm 67 and still have to carefully look at finances - and I've got a fairly good retirement nest egg.  I think that's just part of life. 

Attitude is everything.  You'll make it.  Just keep positive...

Welcome back. Keep your positive outlook, maintain your focus on making good decisions, and know that everything will work out .

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Glad you found your way back. Forums cam loom in importance in our minds, but if you get ready to walk again (been there myself, recently) try to take a step back and think about what you value about the interaction. For me it's the like minded people and the wonderfully welcoming feel.

Hope you find your groove again!

Welcome back OutdoorFT. I don't remember any kerfuffle you were involved in, but appreciate your apology and am glad you found your way back.

I hope we can help you find your way

Our world is changing so fast, and everything seems so insecure!! In a moment of time, your whole life can change!!

Or, when another recession hits (not if but when, they are always cyclical) and we go even deeper and come out even worse than we are now.

I can't tell you how comforting it is to me to know that I will always have a roof over my head--I'll never be homeless! And, have the least possible dependence on others.

That is something I wish for everyone.