New person here.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

independent

Reaction score
Love solar, been around it and renewable energy for I guess nearly 20 years now. This started when I got caught in a loop with a electricity company and realised they had designed their call centre just to have people go round-and-round (like a circle game lol) and didn't want to solve problems at all. So I vowed never to pay another electricity bill again.

It all just seemed so rigged so I learned basic electronics and have enjoyed it on a micro to small to small medium scale ever since. My view is we don't need a huge amount of electricity, just enough to get by. Currently have a 200w solar panel set up with true MPPT going to my own recycled battery 7s 11p Lithium Ion pack with BMS in and on my small camper.

I've been a fan of this website for it's down to earth and relaxed nature since before Bob and you lot got famous and on the old board. Wishing everyone the best and look forward to getting to know people here better, albeit from a distance.

Love solar, been around it and renewable energy for I guess nearly 20 years now. This started when I got caught in a loop with a electricity company and realised they had designed their call centre just to have people go round-and-round (like a circle game lol) and didn't want to solve problems at all. So I vowed never to pay another electricity bill again.

It all just seemed so rigged so I learned basic electronics and have enjoyed it on a micro to small to small medium scale ever since. My view is we don't need a huge amount of electricity, just enough to get by. Currently have a 200w solar panel set up with true MPPT going to my own recycled battery 7s 11p Lithium Ion pack with BMS in and on my small camper.

I've been a fan of this website for it's down to earth and relaxed nature since before Bob and you lot got famous and on the old board. Wishing everyone the best and look forward to getting to know people here better, albeit from a distance.
Welcome back:) Are you a nomad now? Or live off grid?

Cheers.

Neither. Have been minding animals on a semi rural property for the last two months here in NZ. That will change shortly. I've always had solar setups even if it's only been for devices and generally charge electronics this way. Have not needed to rely on solar full time for awhile but that is changing soon.

I guess I should have said, 'I won't pay an electricity bill but will use grid power in exchange for favours'. :rolleyes:

Neither. Have been minding animals on a semi rural property for the last two months here in NZ. That will change shortly. I've always had solar setups even if it's only been for devices and generally charge electronics this way. Have not needed to rely on solar full time for awhile but that is changing soon.

I guess I should have said, 'I won't pay an electricity bill but will use grid power in exchange for favours'. :rolleyes:
That's interesting! I follow a guy from NZ on youtube. Tony at AB Camping channel. Beautiful country.