Verizon hotspot renewal problem

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vagabound

Reaction score
Hi,

This question may have been covered in another thread, but if so, I can't find it.

I have one of the Verizon jetpack hotspots of the $5-a-month variety.  For anyone who doesn't know about it, there is a humongous thread in this forum on that topic. 

For the last couple of months when I call the Verizon renewal number from my cell phone -- which is not a Verizon phone -- that fact is automatically detected and the automated voice says that I am not a Verizon customer and I should hang up and call my provider. That leaves me with no way to apply the PIN that I purchased for the next month's mifi service. Last month I just kept calling back again and again and one of those times it failed to check my number so I was able to apply the PIN. However, that's not dependable and not a very good way to do it in the long run.

I assume a lot of people have experienced this and someone knows how to solve it. 

Is there a phone number that I can call that does not auto-detect my service provider? Or another way to apply a newly purchased renewal PIN?

By the way, these are the two Verizon refill numbers that I've tried with same results on each:

888-294-6804

866-837-3387

Thanks,

Tom

Do read the last few pages of both 3G and the 4G $5 threads. Basically need to now buy the Verizon Inpulse RTR $5 vs the one that says PIN. The RTR version allows you to type in the phone number you want the $5 credited (your MIFI number) so you no longer have to call Verizon to enter the PIN.

Reading those last few pages of both the 3G and 4G threads will also point you to a video jimindenver made showing how after the first month of using the RTR (not PIN) you can then switch to setting up an autopay of the $5 to the MiFi through Callingmart. That seems to be the way to go to avoid the monthly hoop jumping.

So we don't use the $5 data refill now? I missed that on the 3g thread. I did see where the RTR is to be used on the 4g.

Thanks

Steve, if yours keeps working you can. Others are having issues when calling into Verizon to add a pin.

Sorry, I sort of fell off the grid for a while. Thanks to all for the replies. Glad to know it's been addressed. I'll go read and give it a try.

Tom

I had a different problem with verizon hot spot. This may or not be the place to post, but so be it. I have verizon dumb phone premium price with Hot Spot. I tried to connect with my lap top. No Go. It took a while of searching and clicking and there was no information forth-coming. Finely it was discovered I was wrong (it is never Verizon). My phone defaulted to WiFi 5G/hz but my computer was 2.4G/hz. After i made all the changes, my Hot Spot works! It Works!

All numbers will eventually say not active only ones that will work after that is 4g. Calling-mart is no longer needed

Please explain how to refill without Callingmart.

Why no links - when mentioning something ?
Example jimindenver video , here and other threads .
and mention of using the auto pay , no mention of - 3g or 4g , or it works on both ?
Point being is limited info makes for endless searching , and things like jimindenver changing youtube name , so complicating searching .

It looks like Verizon is shutting down some of the accounts. I have 2 3g hotspots both with similar phone numbers (just off by a few numbers). Both have been shut down. One was just activated around July 2nd or 3rd and it is already dead.

Attachments

• verizon.PNG
    verizon.PNG
    49.1 KB · Views: 38
  • verizon2.PNG
    verizon2.PNG
    32.2 KB · Views: 32
Just an FYI update:

Just renewed mine with the normal $5 PIN. Got the same $30 plan language, but the PIN was accepted. So, if it wasn't for the frequent auto-rebooting of the stupid 4510L, which has been a long-term problem, it seems like it would still be working (have internet access).

More to the topic, the method using *67 worked and allowed me to call Verizon directly to do the update. Thanks to those who suggested that as a possibility.

Tom

Vagabound said:
Just an FYI update:

Just renewed mine with the normal $5 PIN. Got the same $30 plan language, but the PIN was accepted. So, if it wasn't for the frequent auto-rebooting of the stupid 4510L, which has been a long-term problem, it seems like it would still be working (have internet access).

More to the topic, the method using *67 worked and allowed me to call Verizon directly to do the update. Thanks to those who suggested that as a possibility.

Tom

One of my accounts did that.  I loaded $5 pin (the system did show a credit) and a $10 RTR credit on the same day. When I would call it would still said $30 plan. A few days later it would not work and when I call it just gives me an option to start a new account. 

perhaps no links means wrap URL in code tags?

Code:
https://zoho.com

I link is not a URL.  A link leaves crumbs back to the place where it was clicked.

I just bought 2 mifi boxes and now they are no longer working. They say no service and it has been paid..... twice. Anyone know what I can do?

If 4G you can get in touch with MissJG? and they will tell you how to get back online.

RVTravel said:
If 4G you can get in touch with MissJG? and they will tell you how to get back online.

I have sent a pm to MissJG. Waiting for a reply. I actually bought my jetpacks from MissJG. I messaged on ebay with no response, so hopefully I can get one on here.

Someone mentioned, don’t know if correct, missjg visiting family or such. May not hear back for a while