Should I switch from Verizon to ATT?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another vote for Visible on the Verizon network.You can quickly get on a Party Plan or whatever they call it. Basic price is $40 not taxes or fees. Unlimited phone, text, data and hotspot. Price can go as low as $25. No problem with the group plan as you all get separate bills and don’t even know each other.
They have lifted the 5MPS limit. Get at home 5-7MPS with tower many miles away across water. Was in town yesterday and checked speed and was 45-50+MPS.

If I was to get ATT service would look at their prepaid company Cricket. Even cheaper or different plans than the prepaid ATT.

I was getting 60 down on Visible early this morning, then it slowed way down.  It varies so much, and I can never even guess what it will be next. 

It's fantastic for streaming my $6 a month live TV apps...

https://www.frndlytv.com/

My visible account for $25 a month has been passing every test I give it here on the East Coast. I don’t know what the signal is like in the west. It’s obviously a way for Verizon to sell their 4G and make a little money on a system they already paid for, while they’re switching everybody else to the high-speed 5G. But now that I’m an old man I don’t have to have the fastest and best I’ll settle for the adequate and cheap. If I need faster speed there’s always a library, McDonald’s and the other places that provide Wi-Fi. God bless the nomads everyone of us.

I use my Luci Light (solar charged) and my Ryobi fan (can be recharged when plugged in at campgroound or library).

I use my Verizon MiFi cross country while my husband drives I am able to use it to hook up my Garmin GPS and my tablet. I don't really have many areas where I do not get a signal. I too have unlimited, but that is just for my MiFi.

As for a cell phone, I have Tracfone and that is a different issue all together.

I use my Verizon MiFi cross country while my husband drives I am able to use it to hook up my Garmin GPS and my tablet. I don't really have many areas where I do not get a signal. I too have unlimited, but that is just for my MiFi.

As for a cell phone, I have Tracfone and that is a different issue all together.
The post is from 2020.

/\...Has the technology changed in 2 years?
I don't need copious amounts of bandwidth to survive, and use the Verizon/Visible party plan with great success.

At the risk of adding to greater nighttime light pollution, perhaps Starlink will be the answer for folks that need the bandwidth?
But can one make phone calls and/or texts on it too without having to use a cellular plan of some sort???