Good reseller/Verizon towers

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD GUMBEE

Reaction score
sitting on a river-bridge playing the banjo...
It has been more than a year now since getting this cheap plan with US Mobile.
Verizon towers.
With all the fees, $14 and change total per month for unlimited talk/text.

I chose the 600 minute plan, no texts, costing me $8.98 total per month.
(NO DATA)

3GB of fast data is $20, but I have never purchased or used any data.

My phone was brought, side by side, along with another retail Verizon phone/plan, from VA to FL, then all the way to NV and back to VA again.
(One of my drivers had a trainee who needed his own phone but dropped hi in the sink...and they had to leave that night...so I gave him my phone.) Anyway, the coverage was exactly the same same. (They had the "DING" notifier when you lost or changed coverage.)

There have been two issues.
1. You cannot put your name in the caller ID, only "wireless caller" will show up when people get a call from you.
2. It is all Internet communication...by chat or email...they send you a SIM card in the mail.

Setup was super easy.

Pretty impressed with it.
More impressive is the Verizon coverage and you can use near any phone that was Verizon.

If you already have a Jetpack, this may be something to check into.

JD GUMBEE said:
...With all the fees, $14 and change total per month for unlimited talk/text.

I chose the 600 minute plan, no texts, costing me $8.98 total per month.
(NO DATA)...

Remember when all the carriers used to charge by the minute and by the word? Now they all give it away. 
"Take our talk and text, PLEASE!" 
"Mmmm, no thanks, I don't really need it. I make maybe three calls a month and send a handful of texts."
"But it's part of the plan."
"Eh. How about charging me up the ass for talk and text and giving me free unlimited data instead? Now THAT's something I'd use."
"Are you insane?"
"No, an introvert."

Land lines were 24 cent a minte long distance. My soon to be wife was 500 mies away & I was paying $400+ per month. It was way cheaper & much more fun to marry her :)

Gr8ful said:
Land lines were 24 cent a minte long distance. My soon to be wife was 500 mies away & I was paying $400+ per month. It was way cheaper & much more fun to marry her :)

yes, but it's easier to get rid of a phone than a wife...  ?