USB powered Sonic pod for laundry sale

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like reading about gadgets...of course some are less useful than others.
The premise of this ultrasonic orb seems to be 'sound', or at least plausible. Probably needs more power.
I also use a 'sonic cleaner for metal parts, and had a sonic toothbrush that worked well...until it fell on the tile floor.

Next gadget needs to be the 'Star Trek Sonic Shower'.   :D

O boy, page 3.

perj28 said:
Since you have to use soap & water with it, I'd say it probably does next to nothing.

Soap is used as a wetting (surface tension lessening) agent with ultrasonic cleaners in general.

I did buy one from Fasttech; it would be here in about a month.  My main interest is using it as a ultrasonic cleaner that can lay in a bowl, instead of bringing one of my bulky cleaners in the van.  If it does anything at all to laundry that will be a bonus.

I recently had to back some rusty bolts out of my tractor's front wheel.  Here is a short video of the bolt in plain water with a drop of Dawn in it as a wetter.   I don't know why it is vertical;  I was holding the iPhone horizontally.

[video=youtube]

Here's a youtube review of a similar unit.  I think Cyndi's initial suspicions are probably correct.

Got it. I think it's haptic and not ultrasonic. It does ripple the water somewhat like ultra does. Def won't work as ultrasonic cleaner. Would work great as a... ummmm... marital aid.

Will see if it does anything at all in my next batch of handwashing.

Thanks Jason! If I ever get married, again I'll consider the purchase.
LMAO