Upstate NYer looking for Sedona area caravan April

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmmcdny

Reaction score
I am looking to rent an escape campervan in April from Phoenix and want to boondock around Sedona for a week or 2.  I have NEVER done this before!  I have been watching your videos for a few years now.  I have taken plenty of solo vacations but never camping and never for free!  Anyway, it would be nice to know of some others in the area in case I want company or need some advice.

Welcome tmmcdny to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

hopefully someone will chime in and post the link for the caravans.

highdesertranger

Just saying welcome!

I've also been thinking about renting a van in certain locales because I am in Minnesota and just trying to get to some places I want to visit, like PNW or FL would take far too long.

I am also keeping my eyes peeled for rentals that don't have "tourist" all over them, so if you find those, I'd love to know too.

LaMonster:  yes, that is the problem I am having.  the 2 that i could afford are escape and jucy campervan rentals.  they scream 'tourist' and i don't like that being a solo woman traveler.  i looked at other rv rentals and WOW the prices are insane.  Not sure what i'm going to be able to do at this point.  I saw Bob's video at the Rally and he mentioned doing a build in Pahrump so i was looking at Vegas too but same issue.   :huh:

thanks,
Teresa

Outdoorsy.com is a one website where private individuals sign up to rent their RVs including campervans. It is the Air-BNB for RVs. Lots of rentals in lots of places. Before you rent from someone be sure to arrange with your regular auto insurance company to protect yourself with your own insurance policy. That is often the most affordable way to get coverage as it is piggy backed onto you policy for that length of time you need. Of course you will want more than just liability, you want full coverage.

Is there anything specific we should be telling our insurance agent when we do this? Just that we are renting a private individual's van or ?

TIA

I changed my plans.  I am going to Vegas and will be in that area instead.  I am going to stop by the build in Pahrump for sure.  I did tons of research and finally found motorhome republic and vroom vroom vroom.  i think they are the same company.  anyway said:
Just saying welcome!

I've also been thinking about renting a van in certain locales because I am in Minnesota and just trying to get to some places I want to visit, like PNW or FL would take far too long.

I am also keeping my eyes peeled for rentals that don't have "tourist" all over them, so if you find those, I'd love to know too.

hello and welcome - I hope you have a very pleasant trip and find out how great it feels to live OUT OF a van and be able to travel. If you don't mind - what part of the Empire state are you from? I am trying to compile a list of East coast Nomads and want to be nomads. Birds of a feather flock together.

Nature Lover

I live near Corning.  Middle of the state right near PA border.  Where are you from?thanks for the welcome!nature lover

Hello again tmmcdny - I am in Lebanon County PA but get through your area often as I have good friends in Prattsburg near Avoca. Have a pleasant trip West. I will be in East KY for the spring and summer. If you want to communicate send me a PM this link is just for newcomers