UFO experiences?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa Truck Gypsy

Reaction score
Has anyone out there had any UFO sightings when you are out in the middle of nowhere? I'm just curious as I get a bit spooked when out in the wilderness by myself.

I was a trucker the only odd thing that I saw was completely explained there was a comet that crashed into a planet it was very strange to drive across the desert floor and see that thing up there clear as day. I looked for odd things out there never saw it.

When I was shrimping we did see something that appeared as if it was a ghost ship we all saw it too a ship on the water traveling way faster than anything possible? But then again we were South of where Navy Seals do a lot of stuff so it may have been one of their fast water boats .It looked about the size of a PT boat like the kind POTUS KENNEDY was captain of in the WW2. I suspect we saw a top secret craft that the DOD was using on the water and trying to see who would report the anomaly .

Nope. I stay in Walmart lots at night, which makes me immune from being kidnapped by space aliens.

There is nothing to fear out in the wilderness. Fear getting out here though. You are more likely to have an incident getting fuel or getting groceries at Walmart.
I regularly cape a few miles out and away from any other people.
Dragonfly

Not in the middle of nowhere but the well-recorded sightings in Phoenix 1997. Holy heck, you know when you see it. I called a friend when it happened. Blackened the night sky... I wasn't scared, more curious than anything.

as I posted on another thread I will only tell these stories around a campfire. btw I have back up witnesses to all 3 of my stories, only 2 can be considered UFO/alien. the other has to do with a certain mythical creature. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
as I posted on another thread I will only tell these stories around a campfire.

I like stories and am always trying to squeeze them out of folks. Now I gotta make sure I find your campfire one day.

no Diane you are nowhere big enough. hahaha. and stop dressing up in hairy suits. highdesertranger

Back in the 1950s & 60s, my father's coworkers (aerospace industry, SoCal) used to 'create' UFOs with helium-filled black weather balloons and magnesium flares.

HDR
It's OK if you post one on the "You Ain't Right" thread...
We'll read it and nod and you'll get a "Stinkin' Badge"!

Back in 1967, If memory serves me right, on a Sunday afternoon in broad daylight, my father, mother and I were crossing the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway heading southbound to New Orleans, as was our habit every Sunday afternoon. However, this particular trip was different. We were in a Chevy Impala, I think a 59 model. My dad was driving, my mom was riding shotgun and I was bouncing around in the back seat, being 11 years old at a time before the advent of seat belt laws. Back then, the Causeway was a single bridge with traffic going in both directions. My mother first noticed it at around the 2 o'clock position (south west from our position) and drew our attention to the unusual areal phenomenon. The sun hadn't set yet but it was near the horizon to our right hanging like a big orange ball in the air.  It was flying slowly, like a small plane or helicopter might fly, but it appeared to be a large orange glowing ball, maybe 30ft or so in diameter, shimmering like the sun. It flew over the Causeway at a low altitude of perhaps 1,000 ft and stopped and hovered, now to the south-east about 2-3 miles away. My dad suggested it might be a burning helicopter, after seeing it hover. After hovering a few seconds it started to gradually descend straight down. Within a minute or so it was touching the water as one would set a ball on a table. By this time it was due east as we were traveling south at about 60 mph. Ever so slowly it started to sink into the water, or so it appeared. After a minute or so when it was about 1/3rd of the way submerged it shot strait up so fast that if you weren't staring at it intently, as I was being a curious child with nothing better to do, you would have missed it. We didn't notice any noise (over our normal engine and car noises) during this entire time. Dozens, perhaps a hundred other cars were on the Causeway at this busy time who also witnessed the event. 

Its most particularly curious flight characteristic was its ability to rapidly accelerate almost instantaneously. The only possible conclusion I could draw from this observation is: #1. It either had no or very little mass (such as would be displayed by a ball of energy, perhaps ball lightening.) or #2 If it was indeed an intelligent construct it had some type of inertia dampening device, as nothing with any appreciable mass could have accelerated this rapidly. (It accelerated like a bottle rocket.) At least nothing inside of it, or even the craft itself (assuming that is what it was) could have survived the hundreds of G's produced by this violent acceleration. Coincidentally, this is exactly what a starship would need to travel such vast distances with a reactionary drive. Not that I'm asserting that it was one, however the alternative (natural phenomenon) is equally as unlikely, as electricity and water don't mix. Another strange thing about the "ship's" takeoff I found unusual was that one would either expect a large plume of water to be drawn up after it, or the exhaust thrust of to blast water away from the bottom of it, like a rocket engine might. Neither was the case. There was only a slight series of ripples emanating from it's launch site, no more than a foot or so high - certainly not what one would expect, if one would expect anything at all.

The next day we looked for a news story of the event in the Times Picayune newspaper. My mother found an article explaining it away as a weather balloon. She seemed to be satisfied with that explanation as it was from an official source, however my dad angrily raised the BS flag on that obvious PR fabrication. I'll let you decide if a weather balloon was shaped, colored or could have moved like the phenomenon we observed that day. Both my parents have since passed, but they would occasionally recount the strange sighting over the years. It made an impression on me, being so young at the time, that for a school project later that year I built a UFO detector. It was a magnet suspended by a thin wire. There was an exposed wire loop positioned near the magnet such that if the magnet was attracted to something and moved just a little a circuit would be completed and a buzzer would sound alerting the user to the presumed strong magnetic field of a nearby UFO (as I remembered reading somewhere that UFOs used strong magnetic fields for propulsion.)

Chip